Thread: thE DaIlY ThREaD - 5 FEBrUArY 2010

Default thE DaIlY ThREaD - 5 FEBrUArY 2010

I am teaching how to identify rocks so when one hits the windshield the kid can tell his parent what kind it is....
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

It is after 3:30, I've been working all day, and I'm still wearing sweats and slippers

I love working at home
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    I am teaching how to identify rocks so when one hits the windshield the kid can tell his parent what kind it is....
    The public school system at work...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Police have LBJ completely shutdown (both directions) at the Dallas North Tollway. Something bad happened. I can hear the helicopters flying by my office building.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    Police have LBJ completely shutdown (both directions) at the Dallas North Tollway. Something bad happened. I can hear the helicopters flying by my office building.
    Yikes!

Don't forget to get your center cap from me Sunday.

I think last week they had a shoot out on 635 and had it shut down as well over there by forest and 635.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    Just saw it on the news. Chemical spill. 3-4 more hours according to Clarice.

Home before the lock(down)!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Home before the lock(down)!
    Hmmm... I wonder if the tanker truck swerved to avoid some punk on a rice rocket? TC can you account for yourself during that time?

--
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I do hereby affirm and attest that I was on 190, not 635. However, since the sensors only sense my toll tag about 1 time in 50, the odds of my being able to prove that are, well... 3 in 50.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    I remember my 8th grade science teacher being a practical joker. He would have 20-30 different rocks laid out on the lab counter and would pass them around the class as he taught us the differences of igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks. During the course of his lecture if a student should start to nod off he'd pick up a white rock with black spots; dolomite I think it was, and hurl it at the sleepy student's head. Scared the crap out of the alert students but it wasn't an actual rock. It was a sponge realistically painted to look like one. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I remember my 8th grade science teacher being a practical joker. He would have 20-30 different rocks laid out on the lab counter and would pass them around the class as he taught us the differences of igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks. During the course of his lecture if a student should start to nod off he'd pick up a white rock with black spots; dolomite I think it was, and hurl it at the sleepy student's head. Scared the crap out of the alert students but it wasn't an actual rock. It was a sponge realistically painted to look like one. Good times!
    Until the day that Spicoli switched the sponge with a chunk of concrete, which looked a lot like dolomite.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

8th grade history teacher chunked every eraser in the room at a sleeping kid. Missed everytime, but hit him with a Bic pen.

No eyes were destroyed, but the teacher had to apologize the next day in front of the whole class.

Later that year, he locked a student in the coat closet and left him for the rest of the class. That kid thought it was funnier than we did.

No rocks were harmed in either incident.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

i used a hurled roll of Duct tape to control campers as a counselor
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07