Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Floating Trophy announced

Default Unofficial Floating Trophy announced

For you regular autocrossers, I have donated the "Holly's Miata" license plate frame as a floating trophy to be presented at each autocross.

It does not necessarily need to go to the Miata FTD. It could be presented for:

Best Sunsceen Dance

Largest Hat

Most Cones injured

Most Spectacular Spin

???

Or we could just bolt it to someone's car while they are working a corner. The recipient will then bring it to the next Miata populated event to pass it on. I guess it should stay in the "regulars" at the various events. A true girlie man racer will run with it on his or her car, but it is not required. Please help support and and encourage this new DFWMIATA.COM tradition. Any suggestions or comments?

Default Re: Unofficial Floating Trophy announced

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    Best Sunsceen Dance
    Man, Kestrel is going to win it all the time... not fair!!

Default Re: Unofficial Floating Trophy announced

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Best Sunsceen Dance
    Hey, I know I have an unfair advantage -- having had so much practice over the past 2+ years -- but anyone is welcome to try. Manwhore? POS Racing? onething? IMVivid?

Majik wrote:
    Mathews2004 wrote:

Best Sunsceen Dance

Hey, I know I have an unfair advantage -- having had so much practice over the past 2+ years -- but anyone is welcome to try. Manwhore? POS Racing? onething? IMVivid?
    Yes but we all know that Majik wouldn't be getting the trophy for "Best Sunscreen Dance" his talent runs in a totally different direction.

I believe the first presentation will be made this weekend by POS Racing Please post some pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid

Yes but we all know that Majik wouldn't be getting the trophy for "Best Sunscreen Dance" his talent runs in a totally different direction.

Who won?
    I'm thinking onething should be the winner or should I say whinner!

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    The only things I didn't like about yesterday were:

2. Thinking about what a pig I'm driving - see other post
    He is referencing this post "Your car is Phat."

Altiain '99 Sport 2,311 lbs. w/o driver
    onething '01 LS 2,403 lbs. w/o driver

If you add the driver there is a just 30 lbs. difference between his car and Altiain's so if he's clean some of the stuff out of his car he could get that number closer to 20 lbs.

So for this lame excuse I nominate onething as this weeks winner of the Holly's Miata award.

Can I have a second?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Can I have a second?
    Aye!

If you add the driver there is a just 30 lbs. difference between his car and Altiain's so if he's clean some of the stuff out of his car he could get that number closer to 20 lbs.

So for this lame excuse I nominate onething as this weeks winner of the Holly's Miata award.

Can I have a second?
    I'll give you a third on that.

I gotta tell ya, if onething had come through my tech line with all that crap still strapped to his car, I'd have sent him back to cabbie school. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I gotta tell ya, if onething had come through my tech line with all that crap still strapped to his car, I'd have sent him back to cabbie school. :P
    That's why he drives like a hack.

I passed 2 years of stand-in-line tech and several annual techs with all that stuff strapped in.

You may be a proud member of Team CB - I guess I am Team Lazy Bastard :spiderma:
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

What an honor. :) I expect to see it mounted on your car.

What an honor. :) I expect to see it mounted on your car.
    Now that's just sick...

And it add insult to injury, onething was also the fastest Miata in tire class at SCCA event #1, and secured a trophy position (5th) finish!

:pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig:

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

OK - OK - OK - I will accept the award if I can put it on my front license plate that is behind the passenger seat with all the other good stuff I need while on course :P
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Don't let them talk you into taking that "trophy". Smack talk is one thing, but this seems a bit... over the top.

For what it's worth, you can permanently remove my name from any "trophy" consideration. I already know how bad I am...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Don't let them talk you into taking that "trophy". Smack talk is one thing, but this seems a bit... over the top.
    What post are you reading?

Hmmm... I'm thinking that perhaps Kestrel may have scored a bunch of points toward receipt of the official "Holly's Miata" trophy at the next event... Really... What post are you reading, Kestrel?
    It looks like the hand of God came in and modified my post!

Either that or the voices in my head have learned to type!

Hmmm... I'm thinking that perhaps Kestrel may have scored a bunch of points toward receipt of the official "Holly's Miata" trophy at the next event... Really... What post are you reading, Kestrel?
    It looks like the hand of God came in and modified my post!

Either that or the voices in my head have learned to type!
    FARK!!! That edit button is too close to the quote button. Sorry, Mick.

I said:

OK, I'll back up a bit and ask a question instead: What criteria is used to award the coveted Holly Award? Perhaps I misunderstood the intent of the award...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast