Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sound system help

Best thing to do is run the stereo and start pulling bits off the door until it either stops rattling or you can pinpoint the rattle. It's possible that the power window units have some similar springs inside their mechanism that could be the culprit.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I will take a look this weekend when do soem other stuff to the car :P new fender, thermostat, and radiator here i come.

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Are you sure it's the speakers that are rattling? I had a nasty rattle in my passenger door that I isolated as the window-winder mechanism (I have manual windows). The fix is to pull out the gearbox behind the winder, open it up, and pack it with grease. There are springs inside that box that will rattle like a mofo unless they're damped. I wasn't able to pack the gearbox to capacity, but I got enough in it to quell the rattle for a while.

Yes, it's rattling again, but at least I know the source of the racket.
    No kidding same freaking problem here!

Also, as someone mentioned, the door panels are likely to rattle if its an NA with some miles on it. I actually have some folded up shop towels hiding behind the top section of the door panel that screws into the main flat panel. Gonna try some super glue for the couple of screw mounts that cracked then some foaming window sealer to keep it from rattling TCB ghetto style! Lol, hope it works or new door panels are next on the list.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    No kidding same freaking problem here!

Also, as someone mentioned, the door panels are likely to rattle if its an NA with some miles on it. I actually have some folded up shop towels hiding behind the top section of the door panel that screws into the main flat panel. Gonna try some super glue for the couple of screw mounts that cracked then some foaming window sealer to keep it from rattling TCB ghetto style! Lol, hope it works or new door panels are next on the list.
    Haha, yea NA with about 250k on it runs like a champ tho....other than the over heating...and the trans rattle...and rattling door pannels....and hard to put in first gear when its cold (yes ive seenthe thread about it) haha
    Last edited by mtrx804; 02-27-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12