Thread: Where to buy one person braker bleed tool in Fort Worth

Default Where to buy one person braker bleed tool in Fort Worth

I need to replace my brake fluid in my 350Z. Someone at the PCA time trials school I attended on Satuday mentioned a place near 183 and 121 that sold a pump type unit you hook up to your fluid resevior. Does anyone know the place or have any recommendations?

I attend AutoX and Time Trial events and the Time Trials are higher speed and heat up the brakes pretty good on my heavy car, I want to upgrade my fluid and be able to refresh it every 6 months or so without having to ask my wife to help me out. That did not go very good the first time I did that in a truck a while back.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Zims, yes that was the one that was mentioned.

You guys are fast, if I asked this question on the 350Z forum I would have been assaulted by the search Nazi's.

Thanks for the help.

No sure if it would work on your Z but this setup works great for the TCB Miata kids - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/158355/10

Motive lists the model as:
    350 Z 2003+ Bleeder 0107/0117* Adapter1107/1117*

Don't know if Zim's will have those.

Zim's is a great place to buy from. They also are one of the only places locally where you can get ATE super blue. Which I would highly recommend!

Driver

from one heavy car to anpther: endless rf650 frpm splparts.com

You can also order speed bleeders to make it a one person job.

Driver

I have speed bleeders and while it makes it easier, it's still a 2 person job. I mean I've done it by myself, but having to watch the calipers and keep the master cylinder full and pumping the brakes makes for a crazy constant chinese fire drill in the garage.

I have the Motive Power Bleeder and catch bottle. I measured 3/4 of a bottle and marked the catch bottle.
    Add a full bottle of fluid to the Power Bleeder, attach it, and pump it up to about 20lbs. Position it so the feed tube in the bleeder is in the fluid.
    Open the bleed valve and watch the mark on the bottle.
    Easy one person job.
    M3 is always the answer.

I called Zims this morning and suprisingly they had the adapter for the Z. I picked it up today along with the ATE super blue fluid. Dennis at Zims was very helpfull. If any of you are at NTAXS this weekend come check out my blue brake fluid, it will be exciting.

Thanks for everyones help, this place it great.

i just use the basic bottle with the tube to the bottom submerged in brake fluid as supposed to, then use a brake pedal depressor to hold the pedal down while i close the bleeder after i've pumped the brakes a few times. :) only takes minutes to do the whole car.