Thread: HT striker problem

Smile HT striker problem

I have looked through many threads here at DFW, and similar posts on other forums but I don't quite feel confident enough to make a purchase yet.

Here is my situation:
    I have an 02, I bought a hard top from a 93 parts car (black HT $600!!!!!!). I have the Frankenstein bolts on and the top latches adjusted BUT, I really am scared driving around without the sides latched and.... missed my chance on two different auctions on Ebay for strikers for 99-03. I cant seem to find any under $50. is it really that hard to find these strikers?!? Will the earlier NA strikers fit, and work properly?

Due to the recent BS with my credibility I would like to formally apologize to all Miata owners for my "douchey-ness"

I would like to become a decent and trustworthy name here in the Miata world, because I have the miata fever, and I'm going to be here for a very long time.

any help would be most appreciated. Most days I'm available to help anyone with problems. I don't know much but I'm always willing to lend a hand.

-Wes
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.

I can't answer to the availability of the NB side strikers, but you should be fine driving the car with the just the F-bolts and header latches - I drove mine like that for a while when I got my first hard top. The side latches will make things a little tighter, but the top's not going to come off without them.

FYI, I think I paid about $50-60 for my NA side strikers.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I don't think it will fly off during regular DD. However, when in an accident, you may need those extra latches. It may keep not damage down, but it may keep it from coming off and hit your head. Did you see that rollover thread?
    Gabriel

would anyone happen to have a picture of the side strikers on an 99-02 w/ a NA hardtop? It seems many such items are being sold on Ebay yet, sometimes the pictures differ. i know i need the "old style" strikers. but, i cant seem to figure out exactly what i'm looking for. I really don't feel like shelling out $50+ for something that cant be used.... especially when money is tight.
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.

Here is a 2002 Miata side striker picture.

Also good stuff here - http://www.miata.net/garage/hardtop/