Thread: Looking for parts from the Jackson Racing CAI for 1.6

Default Looking for parts from the Jackson Racing CAI for 1.6

A friend of mine has most of a jackson racing cai kit for the 1.6 that he'll give me but it's missing a few parts. I need the part that moves the thermostat (I think that's what it is) up higher to make room for the intake and the wire extension for the air sensor.

Any idea how I can track down replacements for these parts?

Thanks
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Give Moss a call. They may be able to sell you the individual parts.

(They own Jackson Racing, so if they can't/wont sell the individual parts, no one can.)

I emailed Moss yesterday and heard back today. The thermostat spacer is $15 and they said the extension harness is $205! I emailed them back to double check that price. It's just a bundle of wires that I could just fab on my own for a few bucks right? Is there more to the wire extension than simple wire? $205 seems steep!
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Moss already emailed me back with pictures of the harness to confirm it was the right part! Now that's service :) And yes, the harness is $205! It comes with the connectors at both ends, but I still think that's a bit pricey...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Can't say I am that surprised. Moss tends to price there individual parts at about twice package cost (I.E. the CIA costs $320, so buying all of the individual parts would run you $640). That wire is also likely the most expensive/complicated piece of the kit to make. There are a bunch of wires in that harness, some of them shielded. The plugs are pretty unique so I bet that they had to buy them from Mazda ($$$) or have ones made special for them.

You could always try to extend the one on your car, but risk ruining it. A better option may be to hit the local wrecking yard to see if you can pick up that part of the harness and a spare AFM(for the other plug) to play around with.

I may keep an eye out for a spare harness/AFM, but I think this project has been put to bed for the time being...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

You might check with Track Dog Racing, He's an authorized JR dealer as well.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    You might check with Track Dog Racing, He's an authorized JR dealer as well.
    We get all our JR stuff through Moss. I'd extend the wiring. If you're any good with a soldering iron, it's not that hard.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)