Thread: nasa tt/hpde and Tx miata challenge round #3 @ tws!

Default nasa tt/hpde and Tx miata challenge round #3 @ tws!

registration is now open. due to an enduro 6 hr. race on saturday, there will only be 2 sessions for time trial and hpde groups. also because of this, the miata challenge will be held on sunday april 25th.
    the prices for both days have been lowered since you only get a couple sessions on sat.

see you at the track!

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1085

You know....

I bet you'd have a better TMC turnout if you didn't piggyback on NASA events next year.

Something to think about.

Dunno about that. I think once people actually attend a NASA event they'll like it. I love love love the open passing rules in the TT and HPDE 4 group and I like that there are races to watch between run groups.

I'll reserve judgment on the extremely crowded lapping groups until I see if that's a MSRC special due to the small, tight nature of the track.

Good points on the open passing and races to watch but I have a feeling the crowded nature isn't limited to Cresson. We'll see.

Driver

Saturday is going to be pretty crowded since the HPDE folks will be out there with the TT folks. We've been given instruction to be safer (point bys, etc.).

Still up in the air if I'm going....

I'm in.
    M3 is always the answer.

In
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

singing up in a week or so

Signing up today. Probably both days. Might bring something special out Saturday if I can pull it off with tax season about to hit

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Good points on the open passing and races to watch but I have a feeling the crowded nature isn't limited to Cresson. We'll see.
    i don't think there's been a single person that wasn't happy with the nasa event.

i can tell you from experience that you can get clean laps at tws if you want them. personally, unless i'm trying to learn a new track, i like to mix it up with other cars around the same or faster than me speed wise. i've been out at tws all by myself for an entire session before. also, if you have a transponder in time trial, they grid you accordingly. that helps you get some clean laps in also.

anyway's, if you know someway to rent these tracks on the weekend for what 10-15 of us can afford, and can figure out a way to get timing for everybody, let me know. how about not knowing if 20 or 2 people were gonna show up for the first event? who would have paid for the track rental when 6 out of 20 people showed up, like when we did a pre-miata challenge last october?
    Last edited by spoolin2bars; 04-01-2010 at 08:18 PM.

In. Looking forward to another new track. Anybody got a link to a good miata vid on the configuration/direction we will be using?? May as well start now...
    SA

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

still to poor and out of this years running for a win

that sux! what about a sponsor? aka: mom/dad, wife/gf on the side! or you could sell those volks, that should get ya' enough for the rest of the events. the first 2 get dropped, so you can still get full points for the championship!

Quote Originally Posted by spoolin2bars View Post
    that sux! what about a sponsor? aka: mom/dad, wife/gf on the side! or you could sell those volks, that should get ya' enough for the rest of the events. the first 2 get dropped, so you can still get full points for the championship!
    The sale of the volks is in the works and his mom hasn't provided the money for the 6ul's she said she would buy.

Driver

I'm out. Too much crap going on.

I did get my surge tank installed (woohoo I can make left hand turns!) and I got retuned:

(NASA map is to stay in TT-S with non-dot-r slicks > 267mm).
    Still... too many things going on for me to make it.

Sorry you're not making it down. Gotta get another ride with you sometime :)

wow! no wonder your in tts. is that on the stock turbo? kinda sucks being classed up there though. they threw you to the sharks.

You've got some really nice torque there. When I had my STI it had around 320 ft/lbs and it pulled like mad. Dang! I bet 400 ft/lbs is fun.

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by spoolin2bars View Post
    wow! no wonder your in tts. is that on the stock turbo? kinda sucks being classed up there though. they threw you to the sharks.
    Yes... I can make more power, but I wanted to use non dot-r slicks.... so I had to limit my hp Remember NASA adds 10% for Mustang dynos.

Quote Originally Posted by MINI-P View Post
    You've got some really nice torque there. When I had my STI it had around 320 ft/lbs and it pulled like mad. Dang! I bet 400 ft/lbs is fun.
    Heavy car still. 3690 with me in it and 3/4 a tank of gas.