Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SCCA Solo Event #1 @ Pennington Field - 4/11/2010 -- second try

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    I guess they take walk up registrations for non SCCA members on Sunday morning, assuming there are spots available?
    Yes, they take walk ups.

Some people at this board meet at Einstein's accross the street at 7 AM. I would be there, but I am helping with course setup.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    You're still a novice until you think you're not.
    Not with the Nazis around here
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Not with the Nazis around here
    I've never seen anyone told they can't be in "N" anymore unless they've won 3 times. Heck they let the mini guy win a 4th time (grumble, I came in 2nd) a couple years ago. Once he was out of "N" he quit coming.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    I've never seen anyone told they can't be in "N" anymore unless they've won 3 times.
    Hah, oops, no wonder they were trying to kick me out of Novice I did not know that. I heard that newbies often ran Novice for an entire season.

I'll see what happens after I get my NB. Maybe I'll start coming out again Don't wanna ruin my streak though!
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    Thanks everyone,
    I tried to register online but because I am not an SCCA member it seems I can't do it. I thought I could use a weekend membership and still register online but apparently not??

I guess they take walk up registrations for non SCCA members on Sunday morning, assuming there are spots available?

This is much more difficult than the ER, PCA or NTAXS registration.
    Sorry you had trouble with the registration process. We can take care of you in the morning at the registration table - walk ups are definitely welcome. Make sure to talk to me tomorrow and we'll see if we can figure out what happened with your online registration attempt. Most folks around know me, but I'll have on an orange shirt and be working registration.

What kind of error message were you getting?

Matt
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7 View Post
    Sorry you had trouble with the registration process. We can take care of you in the morning at the registration table - walk ups are definitely welcome. Make sure to talk to me tomorrow and we'll see if we can figure out what happened with your online registration attempt. Most folks around know me, but I'll have on an orange shirt and be working registration.

What kind of error message were you getting?

Matt

Sent you a pm.

Don't forget those of you coming to the event from the east-side that they are going to blow up Texas Stadium at 7am and will be closing the freeways around the stadium. Not to mention all the gawkers who will be trying to find a spot to watch the carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Don't forget those of you coming to the event from the east-side that they are going to blow up Texas Stadium at 7am and will be closing the freeways around the stadium. Not to mention all the gawkers who will be trying to find a spot to watch the carnage.
    I heard that the SCCA will have an HD projector and screen next to the funnel cake stand so we can watch it at the event as it happens. It should be pretty cool.

Proposed Run/Work order for SCCA Solo event #1:

Run 1 / Work 3 - XP, BM, BSP, DSP, ESP, FM, GP, SSM, SS, ST, STS, STX, W
    Run 2 / Work 1 - AM, CM, CP, CS, CSP, DP, EM, EP, ES, F125, FP, FSP, FSAE, SM, STR, T
    Run 3 / Work 2 - AS, ASP, BP, BS, DM, DS, FS, GS, HS, STU, X

This isn't in anyway the final order!

Additional changes may be caused by walk-up registrations or no-shows.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

It was nice to finally get the SCCA season kicked off. It was a quick event for so many people.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It really ran smoothly and quickly for having so many entires. I think we had 26 in Tire class alone.

Congrats to the trophy winners.

We went by in the afternoon after we got home, I was shocked to see it was already over!
    Father and son project car with a FM 2.5 suspension.

Fun event. The course was a little short and not so challenging, but it's Pennington - whaddaya gonna do?

Congrats to Chris R. for winning the "lose the spare tire" contest! I was happy to settle for 2nd place with 24 pounds lost since November.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

After months of hard training and careful calorie counting I'm pleased to announce the winners of the 2009-2010 Ditch the Spare Tire Contest.

Drum roll please....

Most total weight loss - Chris Robbins dopped a whopping 29 lbs since November! Way to go Chris...

Largest % weight loss - Iain Peebles now weighs 9.2% (20 lbs) less than he did at the end of last season.

Congratulations to Chris and Iain - they both have won free entry into all TX Region SCCA Solo events for 2010.

Second largest % weight loss- Greg Piper with 6.9% (15 lbs). Rumor has it that Greg accomplished this by simply switching to Shiner Light from Shiner Bock.

Third largets % weight loss - Doug Covington with 3.6% (8 lbs).

Greg will be getting free entry to 5 events this year, and Doug has won free entry to 3 events.

For the rest of us... there's always next year.

Just a little perspective on what these guys accomplished with each of them dropping roughly 10% - if Chris and Iain were cars, say, oh, I don't know a Miata... they'd be ~240 lbs lighter! 10% is a lot of weight! They were both pretty fast to begin with, now they'll be even faster.

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    Hey, general default, we missed you yesterday! You weren't out shopping for a used vette, were you?
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Pax results aren't working.

Speaking of used vettes does anyone have Jim Harris's contact info?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Pax results aren't working.
    The PAX link on the results page is wrong, but you can find PAX here: http://www.autocross.com/tr/modules/...ndex.php?id=96

I used to proudly point out correct PAX links too...

Mr Wortham is on fire this year. Nice job!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast