Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas National Tour March 27/28

Default Texas National Tour March 27/28

Registration is now open for the Texas National Tour in Mineral Well, March 27/28.

This year's Texas Tour is hosted by Texas Region SCCA. The event is making a venue change to Mineral Wells this year which means Mineral Wells size courses!!

2 days of Great Food, Great Parties & Texas Sized Courses!

Don't procrastinate! Sign-up today!

Follow the link on the Texas Region Solo webpage to register.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

I guess Mineral Wells is official now. I may be in the minority, but I would have preferred the bus lot if we couldn't get one of the new venues that was talked about.

Oh well. I'll be there in STX, unless the baby decides to show up early!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I will be there. I am looking forward to it. I am not a MW fan, either, but Piper had it cleaned up real nice at the last ER events, so there is hope. I think it will turn out pretty good, actually.

signed up.
    M3 is always the answer.

well we're up to 4!

I'm in.

For those of you interested.

On the morning of the Friday before the Texas Tour, the EVO Performance School will be instructing a mini-school associated with the event. There are limited openings for the school. Don't wait too long to register for the school if you are interested!

In addition, students for the school get priority gridding for the 1st hour of the afternoon practice course on that Friday. The Region will have a practice course available in the afternoon on that Friday.

For more information & school registration:

http://www.evoschool.com/

The info I found on the website says the mini school is $65.

From the EVO website:
    Texas SCCA National Tour Evo Advantage - Mineral Wells, TX

This is a program designed to help those who are new to the National Solos scene, or who are looking to pick up in the standings. This school runs on the Friday before the SCCA National Tour, and is open to just twenty students. This is a rapid fire program that takes place on the Tour test and tune course, and is a scaled down version of Evolutions Phase One Program.
    9:15am-9:45am Drivers Meeting and Tech9:45am-11:00am Private Evo Advantage Course runs with the Evo team on instructors11:00am-12:00pm Evo Advantage students share the TnT course with Tour participants, with the use of an Evo Advantage priority grid line.
    Evo Advantage instructors will also be giving guided course walks on Saturday and Sunday mornings to help each Evo Advantage student make the best of their SCCA National Tour experience.
    Last edited by autoxmax; 01-23-2010 at 10:03 AM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

We will have a waiver signing station at the entry road to the sight. If anyone would like working waivers as a work assignment, let me know. We will need workers all day each day.

EDIT. I have found out that working the gate before or after the event will not count as your work assignment. Sorry, but I still will need people to cover the gate Friday, before and after the event Saturday and before the event Sunday.
    Last edited by cone-cerned; 01-21-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Just to clarify a couple of questions folks have been asking me;

- No, Texas Region is not involved with the EVO school. We are just setting a course for them & providing equipement.

- Financials & all registration is thru the EVO folks.

The only reason I posted the info about the EVO School was to let people know it's available!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Signed up! Can't wait!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Signed up! Can't wait!
    The Banana Boat returns!!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    The Banana Boat returns!!
    lol the Banana Boat died in 2008 when Jon retired the RX-8. It's now Team Wheelspin!

Brad, have the courses been decided on yet? If they haven't, I'd love to see a high speed offset down the back stretch, near the tree line like at local events. :)
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    lol the Banana Boat died in 2008 when Jon retired the RX-8. It's now Team Wheelspin!

Brad, have the courses been decided on yet? If they haven't, I'd love to see a high speed offset down the back stretch, near the tree line like at local events. :)
    Hey, should we call you guys, team "steamboat"?? . Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Glad the car is fixed & you guys are back!!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Final 2010 Nat Tour Tshirt ad_copy.jpg

In case you haven't noticed....

One of our party sponsors, AST is part of the contingency program for the National Tour series this year. (BTW, if you read carefully, you DON'T have to be using AST products to participate in thier contingency program!)

Make sure you siginup for the program if your going to the Texas National tour in March!
    http://www.scca.com/contingencies.aspx?hub=3

Also on the contingency program is Volkswagen, Bridgestone, iRacing.com, Yokohama, Toyo, Hoosier & Mazdaspeed. Most of the programs require you to signup prior to the event.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Any chance of getting a PAX street tire class?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    For your car it's called STR.

Signed up in STX. Looking forward to this one!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    For your car it's called STR.
    It's not too late for Vorshlag to hook you up with some ASTs. Since there is not much more HP to be gained from a NA S2000 engine, then you will have fullfilled most of the requirements for your car in STR. Take the pill. You know you want to. Everyone will like you if you do.

No, I refuse to go down the money pit called STR, But it does look like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    It's not too late for Vorshlag to hook you up with some ASTs. Since there is not much more HP to be gained from a NA S2000 engine, then you will have fullfilled most of the requirements for your car in STR. Take the pill. You know you want to. Everyone will like you if you do.
    I've got some used AST 5200's with Roberts name on them! I work at AST so you know they are valved EXTRA nice.
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

C'mon Robert, be one of the cool kids!

After playing with my car on a very limited STX prep I can't imagine going back to Stock, at least with this car. It's just so much more responsive and fun to drive in STX trim, even if the overall grip level is lower.

A set of ASTs, a set of 17x9 wheels with the right offset, and a set of 255/40-17 street tires, and you're 80-90% of the way there, imho.
    Iain

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast