Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seriously in the market for a Super/Turbo charger system

Sweet!

Good job picking up Gary's stuff. After all I've been through, if I knew what to do the first time I'd do it again. If I had to buy two turbo kits again, I would not.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

I'm antsy lol everything should be into the house on Thurs. BUT I won't be able to start work till Sunday evening Stupid drill weekend. On the plus side I got my expansion valve in today and my AC works!! Nothing like 45 degree air coming out of the vents
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Sorry my friend but I have some bad news for you. You purchased your SC and our TDR intercooler from Moss Motors. The M45 superchargers they sell are CARB certified which means they come with a NON-Adjustable fuel card that will not allow you to add more boost. Also their setup includes there belt tensioner that does not work well with high boost setups due to the too small of adjustment.

Our TDR M45 setups are about $200 more than from Moss, but include ADJUSTABLE fuel card $295 and our TDR belt tensioner $205. These parts will be necessary to go beyond the stock boost. The TDR intercoolers we drop ship for Moss and we have not shipped yet. Suggest if you might call us and we can talk about your options if you plan on runing the best power potential with this setup, I wish you would have called us before you placed your order.

Give me a call if you would like to talk about your options.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Damn that sucks looks like I'm going to have to come up with another 500 bucks. I'm basically looking for anywhere from 150 to 200 HP. It's a big range but I'm flexible. Oh well what's done is done live and learn.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

She LIVES!!

IMG00064-20100419-1&.jpgIMG00060-20100419-1&.jpgIMG00058-20100418-1&.jpgIMG00059-20100419-1&.jpgIMG00063-20100419-1&.jpgIMG00061-20100419-1&.jpgIMG00062-20100419-1&.jpgIMG00066-20100419-1&.jpgIMG00065-20100419-1&.jpg

Unfortunatly we ran out of time to get the TDR intercooler in so we slapped the plastic tube on it timed it to 6* BTDC and I've put the intercooler on hold as a seperate project for the near future before summer kicks in full tilt.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Congrats! Boost is fun!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Sweet! Welcome to the darkside

It already needs more boost lol. It's got great power compared to what it once had by the SOTP dyno. I'm going to try to get it on a dyno here soon somewhere close by and check on my power output after I get the intercooler in.

One note on Figure 6.4 on Page 10 of the instructions if you look at where they show to mount the throttle cable bracket I had to move it to the inside of the spacer to function with my car. On the far end of the spacer the cable had so much slack that you couldn't even get the throttle valve to move with the pedal on the floor. After moving it though it worked perfectly with some adjustment of the cable.

http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/p...ns/999-156.pdf
    Last edited by jeepinbanditrider; 04-20-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    I'm going to try to get it on a dyno here soon somewhere close by and check on my power output after I get the intercooler in.

Not to try to hijack this thread, but where are you planning on going? I don't need a tune, just a few runs with my new setup for a before/after. I tried calling a few places when I was in Euless, but got no love.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Not to try to hijack this thread, but where are you planning on going? I don't need a tune, just a few runs with my new setup for a before/after. I tried calling a few places when I was in Euless, but got no love.
    How about http://www.atsracing.net/dyno.htm? They did a nice job with our Dyno Day a few months ago.

Thanks. They were one of the places I called. I'm pretty sure that's the one that didn't answer or have a machine. When I looked at the site I saw no updates since 2008, so I just figured they closed up shop or something. Who knows.

I will give them another shout. Thanks

Another recomendation for ATS. They are an MR2 shop, but the owner's wife used to have a Miata, and they bought their dyno from Flyin Miata. There is also a great Honda tuner shop in Garland that I have used a few times with TrackDog Racing, but that may be too far a drive for you westsiders.

I have heard mixed reviews on Alamo, but have never been their personally. There is also a place I used on Jupiter in Richardson that I would NOT recomend.

Any experience with that Dynosaur or whatever place? It's like 4 miles from me IIRC. I want to say it's the Supra place from back in the day, but I thought they went out of business? The shop looked tiny and not like I would have expected it to...if it really is/was the Supra shop I'm thinking.

EDIT: It seems that is the shop I was thinking. Go figure.
    Last edited by Rob®; 04-20-2010 at 11:07 AM.

I think I am going to take mine to ATS, nothing to tune except the MBC but see how much boost I can run with safe a/f and no ping. I had a CS once and took it over there, good guys..

Buck
    04 MSM reflashed and modified

"Fish tremble at the sound of my name"

I haven't decided yet. Need to call around like Gary said earlier in this thread the power card I have is non-adjustable so I'm just going to be doing this for some kind of baseline and to make sure I"m not running too lean on this Cali tuned card.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Not to thread jack further, but like Buck, I'd love to get my boost set a bit better. Titus, which shop in garland are you talking about? (jotech I assume?)
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    I'm just going to be doing this for some kind of baseline and to make sure I"m not running too lean.
    Same here. I'm fully adjustable, but I'm just looking for a baseline number too. That, and I took my WBO2 sensor/display out to redo it a bit, so I want to be sure my new stuff isn't too lean - should flow a hell of a lot better than before - I know I won't get around to putting the WB stuff in again for awhile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast