Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *** CANCELLED *** PCA Maverick Region Time Trial #2 Mineral Wells, 4/17/10

Maniac Mitch is correct -- they are very open to guest course designers. I have designed several for them. As with any club, you have to be there for setup in order to ensure that the course ends up as you envisioned. I know first hand that it is hard to create a course (even with a map) in the way that the creator intended unless they are present.

BTW, if you are interested in creating a course (or even just playing around with an idea), then PM me and I can send you my blank courses. They are in MS PowerPoint format.

On the topic of course design - let's not forget that designing a good course that flows well and is fun and challenging is HARD! It's easy to get spoiled with all the great courses (and designers) we have with so many clubs locally. If you think you can do it better, I say go for it. Let's see what you got!

I agree that sometimes you need to cancel an event, and I think canceling the TT on Saturday was a good call.
    I was not in Mineral Wells Saturday but sounds like they got a lot of rain. Running the event may have been to dangerous for the drivers and course workers given the speed of a TT.

wrx74

I was thinking that corners 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the China GP would make a fun section.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    Scaling this down to fit at Mineral Wells would create some very sharp first-gear turns, preceeded by and followed with a very fast straight. Sound familair? That's because the BMW CCA likes to recreate these tracks for their AX courses. Perhaps this is what they will use on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Scaling this down to fit at Mineral Wells would create some very sharp first-gear turns, preceeded by and followed with a very fast straight. Sound familair? That's because the BMW CCA likes to recreate these tracks for their AX courses. Perhaps this is what they will use on Saturday.
    I hate that type of course.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I was thinking that corners 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the China GP would make a fun section.
    That looks like a Jimmy-Jan-Spin-To-Win finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac Mitch View Post

this was a time-trial event...a Miata should reach 95mph on the back stretch on Course 2.

Mitch
    The only way a Miata is hitting 95mph is if you push it out of an airplane.

I kid, I kid, please don't ban me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    The only way a Miata is hitting 95mph is if you push it out of an airplane.

I kid, I kid, please don't ban me.
    Actually, you're correct. Even on course one, my 1.6 has a hard time topping 90. It might be higher with the top up, but what fun would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    But, we know you can do it and make it FUN!

OOOPS...sorry guys...I guess I was thinking of my 1.8L Miata with the baby SC on it hitting 95mph on Course 2. I've had it so long that I forget sometimes. Of course, putting a 3rd junkyard engine in it this past winter have helped me remember.....

Mitch

so are we getting refunded or we are just going to the next event?

Quote Originally Posted by LePapirrikY View Post
    so are we getting refunded or we are just going to the next event?
    My understanding is a credit to a future event.

Mitch I have been to more than a few of these before...since I was "such a novice and had no idea what I was doing" when I first went to a mav event...you had to instruct me...it was about 7-8 years ago. I was the kid in the blue miata who beat you. Remember?

Anyway...ya you did come off like a bit of a jackass...but still...jesus...

I've been to maybe 6 weekends with mav over the years and I've had to sid around and wait till lunch to run on 2 days (with 30+ entrants) because they didn't feel like running in the rain.

That's weenie crap LOL...I've never been to any club anywhere who doesn't want to run in the rain. And what's screwy...I've been to 2 other events of theirs where they DID run in the rain. Those were events when Chuck was running things by the way...so that was a few years back at best.

My point is...there are other people outside your little circle who like to run said events...maybe that's why David gets such good attendance at his events? :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123