Thread: TLC's RIDES - "Xtreme' Lee"

Default TLC's RIDES - "Xtreme' Lee"

Anyone watch "Rides" tonight?

They hade a '69 Dodge Charger restored for Kenny Wayne Shepherd. He is a fan of Dukes of Hazzard and decided to restore a '69 Charger but rather than make a General Lee copy, they did a stylized version.

I was really excited about seeing this show but disappointed in how the final product came out.

The wheels were all silver instead of black and silver like the originals.

The graphics were modified but I like the original graphics better. The car really didn't look like the General in the end.

They had to have a P.C. discussion of the Confederate flag on the roof but KWS, to his credit kept it saying, it was a significant part of the original car.

His flag was painted to look more 3D and tatered and torn. Strange thing is they showed in detail how the guy taped off the roof to get the effect but never showed the final results!

If I had the money, I would have kept it closer to the original car with upgraded mechanics.

He did have the Dixie horns though.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I just saw something about that show on Miata.net.

Wacky Stuff!

Found some pictures of the car. Don't really like it as well as the Original General Lee Charger.

just got done watching it on the pvr. i wasnt too impressed with it either. i agree that they should have used the original artwork on the car. Also i really like the wheels, but they should have made them look more like the originals instead of keepint them all silver.
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

My dog pointed at the artwork on the doors and laughed. My dog. Way too far over the top. No wonder they didn't show us the roof.

And what's with having the driver's door openable? Everyone knows the General Lee's door were welded shut and you had to climb through the winder....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    And what's with having the driver's door openable? Everyone knows the General Lee's door were welded shut and you had to climb through the winder....
    I remember this discussion from the Fluid Change GTG -- someone there said that you can't register a car with welded doors. Doh!

Chuck