Thread: Celebrity Car Wash

Default Celebrity Car Wash

The Celebrity Car Wash is to help donate to the Save James Marquez Miata Foundation, well I shouldn't call it a foundation but we don't want him to get rid of his Miata so we are having a celebrity car wash for it. The celebrity will be an 1986 in immaculate condition, provided by Vejtabul. My girlfriend and all her friends will be washing cars in there bikini's at my house. Beer will be provided IF you are washing, if not bring your own. Rick and others can vouch how fun the GTG's are at my house so I think we got that covered. This is all going to a good cause seriously, he needs the help financially. It will be like a Miata meet except with chicks. It's next Saturday at 5809 Vickery Blvd off Lower Greenville.
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Please provide pictures of the washer in bikinis or not.
    M3 is always the answer.

It's my birthday that day. Do I get a free car wash?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Are you going to wear a bikini?
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

So what is the back-story on James Marquez? Don't think I know that name.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I think free car wash defeats the purpose of a charity car wash but since it's your birthday you can donate some soap. Sound fair?
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I wouldn't say he has a story just going through a tough time. Valets blew out his throw out bearing and f'ed his output shaft on the tranny. We got a donated throw out bearing got to work on it and it won't start. We pulled it all back apart only to find out that the tranny is some kind of way fused to the motor. Seriously...he wants to part it out and junk the shell and I want him to keep it. Well at this point I am fighting an uphill battle so I am having a charity car wash to raise money for whatever he decides to do. The car will probably still be in my driveway if you don't believe the tranny WILL NOT come out. At this point I find it kind of comical that it won't come out, we have tried everything short of attaching a chain to my Tahoe and yanking it out.
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

That sounds fishy.
    How can a valet damage the T/O, which doesn't even have contact with the input much less the output shaft?

If it is not wanting to part, it is likely the Pilot bushing is bad.
    A new clutch kit is $110, for the pressure plate, friction disk, Pilot bushing and Throwout. All new.
    http://www.finishlineperformance.com...cat=320&page=1
    I also would replace the rear main seal $25
    So $135 in parts. (thats Cig/Beer money)
    I'm sure the shift boots are bad, but those can be changed later.
    If the Tranny really is F'ed, I have a couple on the rack.

What about it sounds fishy. Get out of perfectly running and shifting fine Miata, valets drive away, get back in Miata, James says clutch doesn't feel right. Week later car stops running. Rogue how would you go about removing the tranny if the pilot bushing is bad? I have wedged all kinds of shit in there and had 3 guys at the same time pulling on it (no homo) and it still won't come out. I broke a 500lb ratchet strap trying to get it out. Won't come out. Like I said before we have a fresh clutch in my garage and the clutch in the car only has 2000 miles on it.
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Quote Originally Posted by 2004Busa View Post
    Rogue how would you go about removing the tranny if the pilot bushing is bad?
    Hey man you might want to do some research before making a comment about working on a miata (a.k.a follow the link in his sig) He has torn apart more miata's than you'll ever do since that is his business. And as for your friend: yeah is sucks that his car is not running but shit happens we all have to deal with issues sometimes. If he feels he'd be better off getting rid of it so be it, he can always buy another one later. Hell I just recently did that myself. Just my
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    Hey man you might want to do some research before making a comment about working on a miata (a.k.a follow the link in his sig) He has torn apart more miata's than you'll ever do since that is his business. And as for your friend: yeah is sucks that his car is not running but shit happens we all have to deal with issues sometimes. If he feels he'd be better off getting rid of it so be it, he can always buy another one later. Hell I just recently did that myself. Just my
    You might want to read and establish a better understanding of the English language before you go posting something stupid like you did. I ASKED him how he would go about removing it, like if he knew a trick that I didn't. How many Miatas have I torn apart since you know everyone's business?
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

My bad I did notice that. Oops oh well, everyone misses one every once in awhile. Looking as a computer screen all day will do that. As for how many you have torn apart I could really don't care.

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

I ASKED him how he would go about removing it, like if he knew a trick that I didn't.
    Not trying to be a smart a$$, but are you sure you removed all of the bolts? Check and see if you missed one.

Also sometimes a little finesse beats brute force when removing the trans. Make sure you are not pulling at an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Not trying to be a smart a$$, but are you sure you removed all of the bolts? Check and see if you missed one.

Also sometimes a little finesse beats brute force when removing the trans. Make sure you are not pulling at an angle.
    Lol, totally understandable. All the bolts are removed and I know this because I have checked it a million times plus I can wedge screw drivers in between and get about a one inch opening but as soon as I remove the screw driver it goes right back. I have tried every angle, every which way, finesse, force, you name it I have tried it, except the Tahoe option which I am really considering at this point!
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Just a thought as it's been awhile since I did the clutch in my old car. But is it possible that the bushing/bearing (which ever one) might have wedged on the shaft of the tranny and the pressure plate fingers are what is pulling it back to the motor?

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I think POS is asking if James is on the board, what his screen name might be, and if anyone here has any idea who he is.

I wouldn't say he has a story just going through a tough time. Valets blew out his throw out bearing and f'ed his output shaft on the tranny. We got a donated throw out bearing got to work on it and it won't start. We pulled it all back apart only to find out that the tranny is some kind of way fused to the motor. Seriously...he wants to part it out and junk the shell and I want him to keep it. Well at this point I am fighting an uphill battle so I am having a charity car wash to raise money for whatever he decides to do. The car will probably still be in my driveway if you don't believe the tranny WILL NOT come out. At this point I find it kind of comical that it won't come out, we have tried everything short of attaching a chain to my Tahoe and yanking it out.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    I think POS is asking if James is on the board, what his screen name might be, and if anyone here has any idea who he is.
    Nope all I wanted to know was the back story that lead to the celebrity car-wash.

Nope all I wanted to know was the back story that lead to the celebrity car-wash.
    It gives me an excuse to have a party at my house too!! He is on this board as jmnight I'm guessing. In other news...MY SHIT ALWAYS WORKS...sometimes!!!! I got the tranny out. All it took was a nice tug connected to my Tahoe and out it came. I didn't want to do that but it was a last resort...Car Wash still on!!
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

He was also at Keller's Wednesday with me. Well he was in the Montego with the white top riding shotgun.
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300