Thread: The Rally to the Race: May 1

Default The Rally to the Race: May 1

The Rally to the Race
    A day of driving on fun country and suburban roads, in quest of a trophy

A challenging drive from Plano to Texas Motor Speedway, following an exact route, figuring out a few puzzles, and finding a few signs along the way: can you win? It's an SCCA RoadRally!

The SCCA National "Sunburn Grand Prix" road races are going on the weekend of May 1st at Texas Motor Speedway. You can spectate at no cost after the rally, and on Sunday, if you like. Also on Sunday you can enter the Solo (autocross) event being held on the TMS bus lot. The Pate Old Car Swap Meet is being held that weekend, too, outside the track. Add lunch at Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse, and an optional free dinner Saturday after the races, and there is something for everyone.

For prices and details, see the flyer at www.texasscca.org/rally.html . To register, go to www.tinyurl.com/RTTR10msr .

See scenic downtown Argyll, Aubrey, Bartonville, Celina, Copper Canyon, Corral City, Dish, Double Oak, Drop, Fairview, Justin, McKinney, Mustang, Navo, Pilot Knob, Pilot Point, Plano, Ponder, Propwash, Robson Ranch, and Weston, plus or minus a couple. The all-paved route is suitable for any car or light truck. A sports car may be more fun for the driver, but the winner will be a team good at exactly following the rules and at solving puzzles, no matter what the vehicle.

Join us!

Default Bluebonnets!

Bluebonnets...roadrunners...pretty horse farms...curvy roads!

I hope that sounds like fun. It's part of what you will get on course for the Rally to the Race.

SCCA road racing...Pate Swap Meet...Sams MS150 Bike tour...free dinner...SCCA Solo on Sunday!

That's what you will get after the rally.

We had two Miatas enter this rally last year. If three of you run, you can form Team S2000 and compete for the Team Award.

If you are planning to come, please go to www.tinyurl.com/RTTR10msr and register. I need to have some idea how many are coming. If you haven't yet decided to come, well why not?

Come on out!

This road rally stuff sounds really interesting I'm gonna get out to one eventually.............yeah i keep saying that and not showing lol. That's the same day as the S2K autocross at the bus lot so this one is out for me.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Quote Originally Posted by sccarally View Post
    Rally to the Race.

We had two Miatas enter this rally last year. If three of you run, you can form Team S2000 and compete for the Team Award.
    Maybe you should spam the S2K forum instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Maybe you should spam the S2K forum instead.
    Oops. As a matter of fact, I already did. At least I didn't tell you how many Honda S2000s we had last year!

So form the DFWMiata team instead. Makes much more sense.

Blog Entries

The wife and I were one of those two miatae. Was a fun rally. Was really funny watching rally-goers heading every which way at the start of the rally. We were one of the first to finish. But didn't answer the questions well and finished next to last. Hey, it was our first rally! Will sadly miss this year due to previous commitment. Someone make us proud out there!

Regards.