Thread: WTB - steering joint boot

Default WTB - steering joint boot

I am in need of the steering joint boot. My manual shows it being the same for power and non-power steering. Anyone parting a car that can help? Thanks

Chassis Designer

I may have one on the 90 model that I am parting out, will check when I get home today and let you know.

Thanks!

I guess I forgot to mention that I have a 1990..oops. Looks to be the same for all NAs though.

Any word on this, cliff?

I know this thread is a little old, but here is a boot that looks identical to the OEM boot and may be even a little better. It is an EMPI Rack & Pinion Bellows Kit from Carquest Autoparts. They are $13.00 (Thirteen Dollars) apiece. I'm doing an inner tie rod repair now. The part number on the box is 88-1536K. I have a 1995 Miata with power steering. This will look OEM after the install and installs exactly like the OEM does. I'm going back with the metal clamp (found this at a local hardware store) on the small end and am using stainless aircraft safety wire on the larger end and will wrap it twice and twist it similar to OEM. I found some safety wire at the local airport. A mechanic gave me three feet of it for free. I also have some 18 gauge mechanics wire I found for $4.00 at a local AC Delco brand carrying autoparts store. The brand is "Performance Tool" and the stock number is W115. The reason why I am going through the trouble is because I am fixing a previous repair that had a boot secured with zip ties. The zip tie did not seal the area properly and the inner tie rod, especially around the joint area, was rusted. This inner tie rod was worn. I still had the original inner tie rod on the other side with almost 300,000 miles on it with the original boot and secured OEM style.