Thread: roadtrip to FM open-house?

Driver

Default roadtrip to FM open-house?

i'm planning on going to FM's open-house in August..... anybody wanna cruize?
    JDSM, creating innovative products and ideas to increase your Miata's performance since 2014. GO ZOOM ZOOM!

I would really like to go, but not this year. Too much going on with the youngest heading off to college.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Tempted, but not sure if I can take the Miata, since octane rating on the way out there is barely 90, and I'm tuned on 93.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Driver

wow.... a lil' more negative than i was wanting..... but, i guess things can change...
    JDSM, creating innovative products and ideas to increase your Miata's performance since 2014. GO ZOOM ZOOM!

planning on it
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    Tempted, but not sure if I can take the Miata, since octane rating on the way out there is barely 90, and I'm tuned on 93.
    Octane booster and or a couple of cans of Toululine.
    Blah blah blah!

If it coincides with the ending weekend of Speedweek, I may make it.

I have wanted to go for a few years, but this year its the same weekend as....
    http://yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    Octane booster and or a couple of cans of Toululine.
    Two issues:
    I have a 5-gal AEM WI tank filling up most of the trunk
    I have it tuned really well, so if I get something wrong with the mixture, then I'll be paying for a VERY LONG TOW.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

I made the trip a couple of years ago. Gorgeous drive! Never knew CO had "wine country" in that immediate area. I'll pay a finder's fee for a case or two of 90 Schilling. :)
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

My dad lives in the shadow of Pikes Peak (Colo Springs), so it'll be a combined trip, if I go.

I will be in Colorado in early July. I'm running crew for my girlfriend who's racing her Supermoto in the Pikes Peak Hillclimb.

Sounds like a deal! I'll look at getting a couple installs to make the trip worthwhile. So is anybody going for sure?
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    Two issues:
    I have a 5-gal AEM WI tank filling up most of the trunk
    I have it tuned really well, so if I get something wrong with the mixture, then I'll be paying for a VERY LONG TOW.
    i have a tow rope......and experience...snif...

I'd love to go, but I'll have to see if it's in the budget this year. I don't think it is. There's always next year...
    "The fact is that if you want a sports car, the MX-5 is perfect. Nothing on the road will give you better value.
    Nothing will give you so much fun. The only reason I’m giving it five stars is because I can’t give it 14." - Jeremy Clarkson

'04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 #1682, Velocity Red born 3/17/2004 Habanero
    Hard Dog HCHTDD, 15x8 Silver 6UL, 225/45 Hankook RS3, Tein Flex, More coming soon...

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by CHeavin_2006 View Post
    Sounds like a deal! I'll look at getting a couple installs to make the trip worthwhile. So is anybody going for sure?
    i'm in for sure!

Driver

i just registered (everything but the dyno run) for $136... pretty cheap for three + meals, track time with instruction, seminars, DRIVING in Colorado....

Don't forget to arrange for lodging. That Miata seat can be a might be uncomfortable as a bed after a week or so.

Couple of years ago when I went, there was one fella who actually set up a tent next to the FM parking lot. Kinda interesting.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    Don't forget to arrange for lodging. That Miata seat can be a might be uncomfortable as a bed after a week or so.

Couple of years ago when I went, there was one fella who actually set up a tent next to the FM parking lot. Kinda interesting.
    i'm really thinkin' of Colorado National Monument.... looks like a prime campsite and close by....

Driver

well, according to FM's website, I'm the only person from Texas going to the summer camp?!?.... well, I guess I'll see ya'll around.