Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1 in Austin, TX??????????

Starting to get a bad feeling about this....Link...Link

I think it's just the new englanders are feeling burned coupled with the fact that many of them are outspoken dbags.

Most of them have never been to Texas and are basing Texans on Dallas reruns and Walker Texas Ranger. I bet they're a bit scared is all. :)

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ckearns View Post
    I think it's just the new englanders are feeling burned coupled with the fact that many of them are outspoken dbags.

Most of them have never been to Texas and are basing Texans on Dallas reruns and Walker Texas Ranger. I bet they're a bit scared is all. :)

Chris
    This New Englander has lived here for 10 years and, while I'm not an outspoken dbag, I know one when I see one. ^^^^^

That's ok, atleast you're not a Californian.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I might have to mosey on down there when this comes around
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I lived up there long enough to be branded as one - then moved. Took nearly ten years to lose the accent and cast off the moniker.

Now that I've been in Texas for over 10 years, when people hear it, they raise an eyebrow and ask if I like guns.

Chris

I lived up there long enough to be branded as one - then moved. Took nearly ten years to lose the accent and cast off the moniker.

Now that I've been in Texas for over 10 years, when people hear it, they raise an eyebrow and ask if I like guns.

Chris
    I hope your reply is a resounding YES...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Hell yeah.

.22 Beretta for plinking - stays loaded and within reach in my home office all the time. Some people say a .22 won't stop a bad guy, but ten rounds of .22 will. Or if that doesn't work, it'll buy time to get the Beretta .40 S&W out of the safe.

The .357 Smith and Wesson revolver that's also in the safe is the fall back in case all the high tech semi auto stuff doesn't work.

If anyone every breaks in to my house and threatens my family, it'll be the only time they ever do it. :)

Chris

Hell yeah.

.22 Beretta for plinking - stays loaded and within reach in my home office all the time. Some people say a .22 won't stop a bad guy, but ten rounds of .22 will. Or if that doesn't work, it'll buy time to get the Beretta .40 S&W out of the safe.
    Hah! Just out of curiosity, what models? I also have a Beretta .22 and .40 among others...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

The .22 is a U22 Neos

and the .40 is a full size PX4 Storm

The .40 is a kick ass hand gun. Fully composite and the barrel rotates to dump recoil energy, so it's pretty nice to keep on target. Much easier than a .45, at any rate and you can shoot it all day.

The .357 is no fun to shoot. Last time I put 50 rounds through it, my hand was blistered and bruised.

I have a 1956 model 948 (.22 auto) and a 96D Centurion .40S&W. I was about to buy a PX4 in .40 but the friend selling it dropped off the radar
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

How much will the United States Grand Prix cost Texan taxpayers?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/03/h...xan-taxpayers/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12