Thread: Texas Time Trials Events - June 12th and June 20th

Default Texas Time Trials Events - June 12th and June 20th

Texas Time Trial is having 2 events at Mineral Wells in the coming weeks. One on June 12th, and another event on June 20th. Come out for tons of seat time and no standing around shagging cones! There are 2 separate sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon and you can choose either. The cost is $45 for first time attendees, or $40 if you have been to one of our events before. Lunch is free and you get a free t-shirt if you sign up a week in advance.

To register for June 12th:
    www.clubregistration.net/index.cfm?direct=3021
    To register for June 20th:
    www.clubregistration.net/index.cfm?direct=3022
    Our events have a VERY low entry cap (16 people) to make sure everyone gets a ton of seat time. So don't wait until the last second to sign up!

For more info as well as pics and videos from previous events check out:
    www.texastimetrials.com
    Last edited by Davidss; 06-01-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Signed up for the 20th in the morning.

Will the results from these events be posted online?

Just messing with David. These are great events if you want to get some serious seat time for a reasonable price.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Signed up for the 12th in the morning. Can't wait.

Ok the current status is:

July 12th: Morning Full, Afternoon 2 Spots Left
    July 20th: Morning 1 Spot Left, Afternoon 4 Spots Left

Default June 12th event

The event was a blast! Aside from a small issue with the timing system in the afternoon, everything went really well. Everyone got a bunch of seat time (I think Brad took the crown for most laps in his Miata!). The T1 course is simply awesome. Fast and challenging, and it'll take time to master. It was cleaner than last time we ran it, which translated into a bit faster lap times.

I added a data overlay to the first lap of my last session, which was my fastest 1:09.12:

According to the data, the course is 1.2 miles!

That looks like a fun course. Can't wait to give it a shot next weekend. Hopefully my times won't get lost.

BTW, what kind of datalogging software are you using?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Great fun, ton of seat time! Definitely worth checking out if you haven't.

My last 3 runs of the day.

Last edited by apex2apex; 06-14-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

I won't be able to make one until August
    1992 with JR intake and RB header

Quote Originally Posted by mwortham View Post
    I'm using RaceChrono.
    Interesting. I like the satellite view map overlay you have. I don't see that option in my version of Racechrono2avi software. What software are you using to generate the overlay?
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Interesting. I like the satellite view map overlay you have. I don't see that option in my version of Racechrono2avi software. What software are you using to generate the overlay?
    You can customize each of the gauges in racechrono2avi - I just put my own background image for the map. From within racechrono I exported my lap data to Google Earth format. Then I just double clicked on that file and it opens up in Google Earth -> take screenshot, crop, and then save as a .jpg and made my own custom map in racechrono2avi.

It would be cool if the author would build in a feature for satellite imagery. It doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

My fastest lap 1:13.75
    Last edited by 762; 06-15-2010 at 10:26 AM.

to anyone attending this weeks event, can you please message me with the modifications that are done to your car. I am testing to see how well the NASA time trials classing systems works with our events. That way when looking at results there is more to compare against.

Essentially I need to know tire size, tire type, engine modifications and suspension mods. If you have motor swaps or aftermarket turbo kits just let me know the hp and weight of the car.

The event this weekend is full and even has a waiting list. Here is my video from last weekend:

I'm signed up for the afternoon session I didn't register in time for the morning
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

If anyone took pictures or video at the events on the 12th or the 20th, let us know and we'll put them up on the Texas Time Trials website. Thanks!

Results with classing are up for the 20th. I will be going back to the 12th results when I can.

Got my clutch workin. I must have boiled some fluid I bleed it and it was looking pretty nasty.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride