Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beatrush Bellypan install pics

Default Beatrush Bellypan install pics

Very nice!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    That's nice!

But what's the triangle opening for? subframe access?
    You guess is as good as mine. The instructions were in Japanese

You need to make a cardboard templet for the rest of us so we can make our own!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by droptop
    You need to make a cardboard templet for the rest of us so we can make our own!
    You are wecome to try at the next tech day, but it is more complicated then it looks. There are 4 bends to it along with custom mounting brackets that are not flat.

Looks great

I'd have a towel handy the first time you do an oil change, I think the first rush of oil may hit it and splash. Let us know!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Looks great

I'd have a towel handy the first time you do an oil change, I think the first rush of oil may hit it and splash. Let us know!
    Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    You are wecome to try at the next tech day, but it is more complicated then it looks. There are 4 bends to it along with custom mounting brackets that are not flat.
    I do have access to a machine shop in wichita Falls....
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Looks great

Yeah... unless you have a remote oil filter, it seems like it will get real messy when you pull the oil filter. I know my oil tends to drip down through the cross member.
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Here's another article on these drain valves.

They look interesting... anyone ever try one???
    I'd be nervous having only a flip of a switch holding my oil in under the engine, but that's just me. Is it really that difficult to remove a 19mm bolt every 3-5k miles anyway?
    ...and across the line.

That's why I'm asking opinions!!!

I enjoy doing the ol' oil changes the ol' fashioned way... but seeing as how Titus's new belly pan might be in the way, this may be easier.

But I agree, it could be unnerving having that valve down there. However, the article states that there is a clamp available for off-road or nervous users.

I think I will see how the first oil change goes before I start living on the wildside.

So does anyone know of the need for the StarTrek access to the subframe?

I believe the side panels on the belly pan do not benefit cooling and therefore can be removed. They do aid in keeping dirt out, however. Since we are FI and heat can be a concern we have not seen any cooling or air flow issues using a flat surface panel. What we use is a flat ABS panel like our TDR Air Splitters on the bottom that works great, takes a lot of abuse and want dent of course.

I have not added this product to our line yet, to many projects, but if there was more interest I would add it. Let me know.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

I'd like to take a look at the ABS pan, Gary. My interest is primarily in being able to get the *#$&* thing on and off a little easier than the stock contraption.

Is there any way we can add spell check to the forum so that the mentally challenged can post here? I will admit that Gary is getting better though.

As for the pan I really like it especially the vents that are located just behind the radiator. To bad it won't work with my Racing Beat front end. I could try to mod it, but don't think I want to spend that much just to muck it up. Speaking of which how much did you have to fork out for that thing?
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Hi Gary,

I'd be interested in the ABS pan. Is it molded or just a flat piece of ABS cut and drilled.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast