Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New GTG location?

Oil Changer

Default New GTG location?

Anybody interested in adding Babe's Chicken Dinner House to the GTG locations? I love the food and there should the plenty of parking on Wed. nights.

http://www.babeschicken.com/Babes-Ch...e-Garland.html

Babe’s is located in the strip center on the Southwest corner of N. Garland Ave. & Beltline Rd.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?ci...1&spn=0,0&z=14

Just a suggestions,

Jesse
    '06 Sunlight Silver NC Sport w/ Susp. Pkg | Sirius S50 | Cobalt Short Shifter | RoadsterSport II DUALS

I'm good with Babes, but lets do this one. http://www.babeschicken.com/Babes-Ch...se-Frisco.html
    If you're addicted to cold turkey how do you stop?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Garland location sounds good to me I'm down the street
    What I did in the past is history, what I do in the future is a mystery- Mike Tyson

Nothing wrong with Keller's that I can see. So far, nobody has described another place that caters to cars, sells cheap beer and food, and is relatively centrally located. Who wants to park their car and go inside for a Miata GTG?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I'm done with Kellers for the summer. I gave it a try last week, and just couldn't get in to it. For me if we don't do an inside place, I am staying home until in cools down. As for Babe's I'd be willing to give it a try, but I am concerned with the idea of the locations getting more and more polar.

Fair enough. For me, the whole reason I go to GTG's is to check-out cars. Other than that, I can hang with folks and drink beer a lot closer to home.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I'm done with Kellers for the summer. I gave it a try last week, and just couldn't get in to it. For me if we don't do an inside place, I am staying home until in cools down. As for Babe's I'd be willing to give it a try, but I am concerned with the idea of the locations getting more and more polar.
    ^^^This...minus the last week part. I just don't understand the appeal of standing around sweating in a parking lot when it's 90+ degrees outside. I don't remember any complaints from anyone about not being able to check out the cars when we met at BJ's, Filmore, Twin Peaks, or Hooters and enjoyed our food, beer, and socializing in the A/C first.
    '92

The Babes in Frisco doesn't serve beer. Might want to check the others before you move locations, Beer at this location is BYOB

How about something a little closer to Fort Worth? Everytime I drive over there for a GTG it's a 100 mile round trip.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Its 80 ish for me, only because I'm so far north. Course I've only been once due to other commitments

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    How about something a little closer to Fort Worth? Everytime I drive over there for a GTG it's a 100 mile round trip.
    It used to be called the Plano GTG...

Why don't you re-instate the West side get together? They used to have it on Tuesday's at various locations, such as Angelos BBQ for one.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

I don't mind Keller's at all once the sun goes down. It wasn't bad last week, and I enjoy the fact that we can mill about amongst the cars. As an indoor alternative, Fillmore is my first choice - they've got great food and great beer and good (looking) service. :)

East vs West is an ongoing debate around here. We've done Westside GTGs before with some success, but it seems like the majority of us live east or north. Lewisville might work as an alternative venue - easy freeway access and lots of eateries around Vista Ridge Mall. Just a thought.

I like fried chicken as much as the next guy but I'm not big on Babe's. They close early, they don't serve beer, they're not too cheap, and the service can be mind-numbingly terrible at times. Count me out.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Is it that time of year again where the natives start posting about a new GTG location?

Historically noting ever comes of these posts...

But it would be cool to see someone new set something up and see if it works.

Yep... it's kinda like a monkey flinging poop against the wall to see what sticks.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

so... kellers again this week?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm in...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Tilted Kilt in Grapevine, preferably on a weekend?
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

What about bringing back the Coit and Park days? But seriously, I'm down with Fillmore, Hooters, TP (Plano or Looserville),
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

I'm down for TP or Hooters, and why don't you just alternate between Plano and lewisville? That would make it a lot easier. Kamil I don't know if we could go back to the "lot", the PoPo might run us off. But then again it's worth a try.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Anything in Plano or Lewisville gets my vote. Last time I made it out was when it was up here in Frisco. It was so close I couldn't *not* go.

Any of the hangouts at 121/35E would rock. I'll keep my eyes peeled for those occasions. Love Fillmore, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast