Thread: Scion Decides to Offer Factory Supercharged tC

Default Scion Decides to Offer Factory Supercharged tC

Interesting. Scion has apparently decided to turn up the heat on its tC. The idea of a dealer-installed supercharger always made me nervous. One direct from the factory could be fun. I know, it's still a FWD econobox. But is does look like Toyota decided to crash the SRT-4/Cobalt SS 200hp+ Love Fest. I wonder how the SCC market will respond. More interestingly, I wonder how Honda will respond.

I'd still take an RSX-S over a Tc S/C, but with Toyota's value pricing of the tC, I think this could steal some sales from Acura.

S.

The division decided to add the model because 30 percent of respondents to an online survey said they would like a supercharged version, he said.

"We had no idea it would be that popular," Farley said.
    I wonder what percentage of that 30% will actually be willing to fork over the additional cash when it comes time to sign on the dotted line.

I mean, I'd love a Renesis powered NC, and if Mazda asked me I'd tell 'em that... but I'm not going to part with $30k for one, either. :P

Besides, I don't know what it is about the tC (Tc? TC? tc? How the fuck is it supposed to be written? ), but I find it to be one ugly little car.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I could be convinced to part with $30,000 for a Renesis powered NC if everything else about the car were absolutely perfect. Give it 250hp, that 9,000 rpm redline...... Yeah, that might be worth it. Assuming the car looks good (the French photochops are better than the Autobilds).

I think the tC looks good from the front and like a Tiburon from the rear. Wouldn't be a bad grocery getter.

S.