Thread: 2001 Mazda Miata- Volks, kaaz etc. - $7500

Default 2001 Mazda Miata- Volks, kaaz etc. - $7500

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1870244977.html

I came across a dream car at the right price so I may sell my toy car. Just testing the waters. It has a clean carfax. I did get in a wreck, and the passenger fender and door were replaced as well as bumper. It was professionally done and looks great. The only way to notice is that the passenger window rolls up quicker than the drivers because I took the time to straighten the cables while the door was apart.

About me the owner: I'm 24 and have a masters degree in motorsport engineering. I worked for AudiSport in the LeMans series as a data engineer. Not to be cocky but I do know a little about cars and setting them up. This, aside from lacking a rollbar, is the ultimate weekend warrior.

I will sell the Volks with Brand new Sdrives for $1200
    I will swap you for your diff for $900. It has less than 500 miles on it. We'd just swap rear ends to avoid having to setup backlash etc. etc.

what is the dream car?
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

where'd u get your masters degree that sounds like fun

If this were true the car wouldn't have racelands. They are about as close to dogshit as you can get for a suspension for track use. And (aside from spec miatas) a car with that small of a front bar and that big of a rear bar can't possibly be balanced and have a good performance alignment.

So forgive me for calling BS on this ad...

It's a nice car with some nice parts, but saying you know how to setup a car and then it having that setup pretty much screams clubroadster.net rice boy.

Quote Originally Posted by giveme5bux View Post
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1870244977.html

Not to be cocky but I do know a little about cars and setting them up.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

I got the masters from Cranfield...turned down a job at redbull f1 for audi so i could work in the states...panned out well haha.

as for the haters...i do believe my setup on the R10 won le mans...overall...

racelands may not be the best suspension for sure. But for a street toy and one that will see a track once a month, I believe they are quite good. And what's the issue with my sway bar combo? For some it may be too much rear bar, but I'm a rally driver...

oh and dream car is a 911 :)

Quote Originally Posted by giveme5bux View Post
    as for the haters...i do believe my setup on the R10 won le mans...overall...
    YOUR setup? You would have been no more than 20 when the R10 first won LeMans in June of 2006. So yeah, call me a skeptic as well.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

These debates aren't really going anywhere but yes the R10 first won in 2006. It was not the last year...2008 was the year I was with the team...yes we lucked out with peugeots mishaps but winning is winning...I merely stated info about myself because I knew people would be skeptical and think I was a ricer fan boi.

If this car had ohlins or some high dollar suspension people wouldn't comment, but it has ricelands. Yes they are cheesy and not the greatest. They are better than the stock suspension and I was skeptical at first. After using them, I have no doubt they are as good as an agx/ground control setup, tein or vmaxx. They aren't the ultimate track suspension, but the miata isn't the ultimate track car. It's a fun toy car. Key items I think for the street are: the tires, alignment, wheel offset to avoid crazy bump steer, and a spring/sway bar combo that matches.

If you must get ohlins or teins to really track the car, feel free. I did not adjust the price for the racelands whatsoever. Also my price is obo. Feel free to come by and take it for a drive if you like.

there's me at the shop for the skeptics

more proof that i'm 24 and was a data engineer for audi and am asian lol...look at my eyes

i'm asian too! free bump

good looking miata. and real cool pics with the audi. good luck with the sale!
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car