Thread: Be careful where you have a near-death experience

Default Be careful where you have a near-death experience

LINKIE

Posted title edited to avoid picking on people...

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I don't know about all that.. .. .. Canadians to be an EMT all you have to do is go to a 6 week training course, like cops do here ( except they go for 12 weeks , then 6 months of OJT, and see how well that works out. .. ...) and then they send them out and hope all goes well. Here in the US they have to go to school for 2 years of intnse EMT training and then another year of OJT, I know I thought about being one, was half way through school and decided to become a lab tech instead, ( more money).

rich

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I was an EMT Instructor for nearly 10 years.

They just thought the guy was DRT - dead right there. He survived. What's the big deal
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I remeber them telling me that if he was DRT ,CPR would be cruel due to the fact that it causes a lot of internal injuries

And seriously Back off Rory (rpt1826) he's had it rough this year. He usually tries to get on ( to the net) from school and the keyboards have no letters so he's not illiterate it just takes 50 tries to get everything spelled right and he does'nt have that kind if time with 2 majors and two minors he's busy, plus he had cancer this year, and his mom going in for chemo for breast cancer the guy's been through the ringer.

And you know his story don't you? His fiance and adopted aughter were killed by a drunk cop ( in uniform) and the cop walked without so much as a fine.

SO IN ALL SERIOUSNESS LAY OFF THE GUY huh.

Thanks rant over

rich

Just the first EMT candidate that came to mind... I would have done the same for anyone else. Against my better judgment, I changed the post title so as not to single anyone out.

miatafreek, if you think that's bad, you ought to hear the grief we give "Father" 3Bean (a former student of the priesthood) when Catholics are in the news for doing something stupid.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    But you should've heard the stories I was told on planes when I wore the collar!!
    Feel free to share...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

He's just been through the ringer this year,( school, his mom's diagnosis of breast cancer, Military obligation, his mom getting sick, overbearing workloads) and as a good friend I had to defend him and thank you for changing the title.

rich