Thread: Hoosier 225/45/15 Autocross/Road Race Tires (set of 4) - $80

Default Hoosier 225/45/15 Autocross/Road Race Tires (set of 4) - $80

I've got a set of these tires I need to get rid of as I'm moving. They're a few years old, but still plenty sticky. They've still got visible tread, I think I only ran them once.

Call or TXT John @ 2.1.4.-5.3.2.-7.6.4.2.

Which tire model are they? Date code?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I think they are more than a "few" years old. What model are they? What date code do they have?

I hate it when someone beats me to a post.

They're R3S03's and I believe the date code says 0603, that sounds about right.

I guess I should add, they've always been stored in a cool, dark environment.

I was gonna say S03s LOL...ya those well....those probably aren't really safe to run on anymore. I'd say give them away with a disclaimer that they are a run them at your own risk.

I wouldn't put those on a car to go on track even if they were free.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

I see no reason why they'd be unsafe. I wouldn't expect someone buy them for their primary race tires, but they've definitely got enough life in them that someone new to the sport could get a feel for race tires while they're at an HPDE or autocross. If I still had the car I bought them for I wouldn't hesitate to use them. When I first started autocrossing and doing HPDEs I often used tires just as old as these with no problems. They're not as fast as a new tire, but that's true of any 'old' tire, whether it be one heat cycle, or seven years in storage.

And of course any cash sale without some sort of binding agreement or warranty is use at your own risk. Was it really necessary to point that out?

This is the kind of response I would have expected at Miata.net. Is it still referred to as the 'pointy' board?

C'mon, you're surprised that someone commented about the potential safety risk of 7 year old tires listed as "a few years old, only used once?" While they might hold up ok, they certainly have potential for failure that is greater than your initial posting suggested. I don't think anyone was being "pointy", just looking out for unwary noobs. Not picking on you, but you kinda set yourself up for criticism here.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."