Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snap-On -- That Good?

Why not?

It's like a tote-the-note car lot... Anyone can apply & be approved... If you don't pay then the repo man visits and the car gets sold to the next guy/gal...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Speaking as an ex-mechanic with a tool box full of Mac and Snap-On tools I can say that I have no idea why any home mechanic would need anything more than craftman or husky tools. Frankly, in my opinion, most mechanics use them for the aforementioned reasons of convenience and easy payment options. Not to mention that some techs get a sense of pride by having $20K worth of snap-on tools in their box.

The finish on them is nicer than what is on cheaper tools. No question about that. All of my wrenches started off with a lovely mirror finish but that faded over time with use so I dunno why that's really a selling point.

I bought most of mine while I was in tech school when Snap-on and Mac gave us 50% off of anything we wanted to order. If not for that, my box would have been filled with craftman tools.
    -Elliott-
    -92 White A-Pkg (gone)
    -2011 Mazda3i

All of the Snap-on hand tools and what not are good and made by snap-on, but their floor jack is made in China and you can get the same one or used to be able to get it at Harbor freight for like $99. The rest of the stuff isn't made by snap-on.... I would just use craftsman like most everyone else here said....cheap and you can return em when you break one. Also the craftsman race jack is like 140 on sale...its pretty pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12