Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my new very early 90 miata project

well. i just got off the phone with canada, and its a 1989 miata from canada.. sweet lol

I think I've got a Canadian spec KPH speedo/odo in my stash if you want to put it back to stock.

if its free im down for anything. i just have to get the rest of the cluster working lol. course i might just opt for aftermarket oil pressure and water temp guages.

I don't know how stripped you're going to go with the track prep, but if you remove the wipers, I need the motor.

Tire Warmer

Sounds like a great deal - where/how did you find it?

well it was my friends cousins or something like that. they brought it to him becuase it had some problems. they said it wouldnt start, yet i got in it one day to see what was up while i was helping my friend at his shop and it started right up. so i shot an offer at them and they took it.

i took a few more pics of it today, i will post them up a little later

a few more pics of it that i didnt snap yesterday

I think we need to change your title to Drift Freak.

lol that sticker was already on there. there is a sticker on the windshield that says "stay sideways". i dont plan on drifting at all.

Well. Got the gauges working yay!! And even with it smoking and low compression on cylinder 3 it still pulls pretty well. Looks like it's time for a small rebuild and maybe a new piston.

^Time for a 1.8 swap

Last time I was at TrackDogRacing, they had stacks of complete engines sitting in their shop, 1.6s and 1.8s I believe. Drop Black Roadster a line and ask about them. Probably cheaper and easier to do a complete swap than to rebuild.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Cool car, Driftfreak!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    ^Time for a 1.8 swap

Last time I was at TrackDogRacing, they had stacks of complete engines sitting in their shop, 1.6s and 1.8s I believe. Drop Black Roadster a line and ask about them. Probably cheaper and easier to do a complete swap than to rebuild.
    I'm not going to do a 1.8 swap, I want to stay 1.6. Plus it's going to be a mild rebuild, plus I think William told me first time I was up there that those motors needed to be rebuild too. Plus I can get parts cheap using shop accounts. The bearings are prob going to be the most expensive part, but I have plenty of time to rebuild it. I mean even if I did get another motor I would do the front main, rear main, timing belt tensionser, water pump, cas seal and any other needed gasket. So I would rather spend the money on rebuilding it so it's all fresh

i got bored with the finish panel

put my old wheel in

started (kinda) on taking the motor out

and it out. im ready for the rebuild

Cool - Watch out for that stock exhaust manifold. It'll be brittle and prone to leaking where the four tubes are welded together.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12