Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Turbo or Supercharger

Maybe I have his hp numbers wrong. I think he is running ~16 psi? I don't know too many specifics about his setup. I think maybe he has different pistons? He went through 2 NA builds, blew the engines, and then decided to go FI instead. I seem to remember him saying he didn't want to mess too much the internals because thats where everything went wrong on the NA builds. Again, I don't know the details...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Yeah, it definitely sounds like there are some much needed missing details on that one.

Either way, best of luck on your decision. You'll be asking yourself why you didn't do it sooner, no matter how "little" extra power you make.

I know why I didn't do it sooner - money! It's going to be a long expensive road:

Xida Clubsport coilovers - $1799
    Swaybars - $250
    sticky rubber - $500
    Seats - $800
    Header, midpipe, exhaust - $1100
    Radiator - $500
    Fans - $335
    Oil cooler - $140
    Coolant reroute - $300

That's around $5400 BEFORE I've even bought the SC kit. I've got an exedy organic stage 1 hd clutch, which I think should handle my desired power levels. I can probably save some money if I time some sales right. I figure the non-sale price will be ~$9,000 total! With sales and patience, I can probably knock $1-2k off of that. I never should have added all that up at once... what was I thinking... I could probably cut corners here and there, but I don't think I want to do that.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Welcome to the club

I guess nobody told you to never ever add up your receipts? The ONLY time you should ever do that is in the unfortunate event that you need to argue an insurance claim.

TSE radiator?
    I use fans from www.siliconetinakes.com and they've been great for the last 3-years
    The oil cooler will cost more after you consider the lines and fittings
    You can do the coolant reroute much cheaper than $300

You're going to love those AST's.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

If everything goes according to plan I should be able to swing the coilovers around January.

I need to research radiators, fans, oil coolers etc. Which I will do ad nauseum before buying, but that's a ways off. I've got a Thompson oil filter relocation kit. I'm not sure if that makes it easier or harder to install the oil cooler...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234