Thread: The office lot...

Default The office lot...

Well... I thought I liked them.

There's one sitting next to my Miata in the parking lot, and they don't look right in person - at least not on a red vette. They look like cheap chrome on plastic.

On the other hand, there's a lovely silver Bentley Continental GT out there... Nice. It makes the most fabulous noises when it fires to life...

Where do you work?

S.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Bumpass, VA...

There must be a lot of rich folks in ol' Bumpass!

S.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Bumpass, VA...
    I thought you were out in Knutsak? New job?

Nah - his office relocated from West Jesus last year, iirc. :P

On the subject of cars, there was a discussion on the Bentley on the pointy board recently. My comment was that if I was going to spend that much money on one car, it had better be capable of stopping traffic, much like that yellow Lamborghini Gallardo we occasionally see cruise by events. The Bentley just looks like a big Chrysler.

The C6 only seems to work for me in some colors. There is a black one near me, and it looks fantastic, especially the play of the surfaces in sunlight. On the other hand, the silver ones look very plasticky.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yup, black or blue are the good colors for the C6. I think the Bentley has mega presence in person. Reminds me of another car that looks better in person than in pics: the Crossfire. I know, it's a dog, but I'd love to get one for a rental sometime. Something about it just pushes my buttons. Then again, I have kind of warped buttons...

S.

Yeah, and the new Jetta gets 1/2 a Gallardo motor! Unfortunately, that doesn't mean it gets 1/2 the Gallardo's HP...

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Bentleys... beautiful cars... but VW motors???
    This coming from a guy with a modified VW daily driver.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Bentleys... beautiful cars... but VW motors???
    This coming from a guy with a modified VW daily driver.
    See... so you know that I know what I'm talking about!!

I know, better, I hope, that the Bentley service center is nothing, nada, zilch like the VW service... you'd have better luck with a baby named MillionzADollaz than getting decent service at a VW dealer.

<work plug> take it to autobahn vw, i work in the bmw showroom, they are one of the top bmw dealers in america, not sure how vw ranks though. they should take care of you though. <end work plug>
    a guy in pre owned has a monster miata that is supercharged, makes like 460 hp or somehting rediculous.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

I saw an orange c6 tonight, I havent seen one close in person. I was not impressed. Weird lines, curves and angles all mixed together. It just doesnt flow like the c5. I like the headlights "alright" but the rest just doesnt do it for me. It seems like they went with a futuristic design in a time when everyone else is doing retro.

When the C5 came out, I was completely un-impressed by pictures. Then I saw them in person, and being a die-hard RX7 lover, I couldn't help but adore the profile.

When pictures of the C6 came out, I loved it. I've been drooling over the in depth issue of Corvette Quarterly for months. In person, it doesn't work. Guess I'll just look at the mag and be happy. I couldn't afford to keep tires on one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    take it to autobahn vw
    My VW mechanic works for them... we worked out a side deal years ago. He does all the major work on my Sled.