Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Miatas@Hallett - Sept. 16-17, 2011

Newbie questions.

The event is Saturday but we must show up as a 1st timer 6pm friday. So it being a five hour drie I need to leave here by 12 noon. Then where is everyone staying? What room rates? Anyone splitting a suite to save on costs?
    How long should I expect an event like this to last? Will I be able to drive home saturday at a reasonable hour or should I plan for another night in hotel and an early drive home?
    Any help with this would be great. I really want to go but need some of these details filled in.
    Thanks!
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Many of us stay at the Hampton Inn in Sand Springs, which is the "host" hotel. Saturday will be an all-day sucker, so plan to stay that night. Besides, your entry fee includes the Saturday night banquet - where they hand out door prizes and feed us dinner. I'm sure some folks are looking for bunk mates.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Looks like I have off on Friday! Whoo!
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    Looks like I have off on Friday! Whoo!
    I am not sure if they let you drive on Fri if you have never been on that track before.
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    I am not sure if they let you drive on Fri if you have never been on that track before.
    First timers can not drive in Friday but there is a mandatory first timer instructional meeting Friday night from 6:30 -8:30 at the hotel. it's a five hour drive for me as well. I work from 7am-6pm, So I need the day off to be able to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    First timers can not drive in Friday but there is a mandatory first timer instructional meeting Friday night from 6:30 -8:30 at the hotel. it's a five hour drive for me as well. I work from 7am-6pm, So I need the day off to be able to go.

First timers can get ride alongs on Friday. Great way to learn the line before you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    First timers can get ride alongs on Friday. Great way to learn the line before you drive it.
    Oh that would be awesome. I could certainly use the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I'll definitely be looking for a ride along on Friday. How many can you fit in your car?

90 Red NA
    91 Red NA
    99 Triple Black NB "Dimples"

I'm signed up. Just need to send in my packet this weekend.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Can I sleep at the track on Thursday and or Friday night in my ultra-stylish van which I plan to purchase in the near future?
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

BTW, I smell 26's this year. There will be at least 2 cars there capable of such a feat.

Paid for both days. I also signed up to instruct if needed so if you like gratuitous, creative profanity and watching someone squirm in the passenger seat, you're in for a real treat. I'll be the guy with the supermodels on the grid and the remarkable muscle structure. By "supermodels" I mean "forever alone" and by muscles I mean "30-year old beer gut".

alright, the slow bastard has signed up for both days! anyone looking for a roommate at the hotel that weekend? (um, that's not meant to sound as bad as that looks...maybe)
    i need a better phrase...

Ok so due to a stupid wedding won't be there for Saturday but I'll be there for Friday is there anyone out there that hasn't signed up yet but will be attending Saturday only so we can split the two day package?

I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna sign up. I have a Triathlon the following weekend but this seem like a lot of fun. I'm bummed that if you haven't driven there you can't drive on Friday. Long drive for one day of track time.
    99, MP62, Tien Monoflex, 949/V8 Roadster Control Arms, Wilwood BBK, RB Front sway, Stock Rear Bar, That's the main stuff

Quote Originally Posted by NC Eunos View Post
    Ok so due to a stupid wedding won't be there for Saturday but I'll be there for Friday is there anyone out there that hasn't signed up yet but will be attending Saturday only so we can split the two day package?
    I'm about to sign up for Saturday only

Quote Originally Posted by MINI-P View Post
    I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna sign up. I have a Triathlon the following weekend but this seem like a lot of fun. I'm bummed that if you haven't driven there you can't drive on Friday. Long drive for one day of track time.
    Email them and tell them your track history. I'll vouch for your track experience if that helps.

Got a call from Owen today. They are concerned they aren't going to fill it. As of Sunday they had 12 confirmed. Get those applications in people. If they don't at least break even this year, (They didn't quite break even last year) it may be the last M@H event. They really want to another one next year as it will be the 10th one.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    They are concerned they aren't going to fill it.
    TWSS.

Define "it". Friday, Saturday, both? And what's up with the hotel this year? Last time I went (years ago) some people were scrambling for rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    TWSS.

Define "it". Friday, Saturday, both? And what's up with the hotel this year? Last time I went (years ago) some people were scrambling for rooms.
    At this time both days are wide open. Years ago the economy was better. Last year I don't think anyone had problems with rooms. Maybe Hampton finally got their act together.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast