Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not me man!

Default Not me man!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I earped a little.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

"Now we've reached the base of the antenna. From here it's just another 60 feet to the top!"

Really? Only 60 more feet till we get to see Jesus?

For f**k's sake... that's just scaridiculous...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Driver

You couldn't pay me enough.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Can't see it at work, but based on the comments, I'm guessing this is the guy changing the light on the radio tower?

No way in HELL
    If you're addicted to cold turkey how do you stop?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    You still lurk at Miata.net!

Talk about last week!

EF THAT!!! i hate it when my friends lift me all the way up on car lifts while working on cars, i wouldnt do this if you could give me 50 billion dollars everytime i went up there

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    You still lurk at Miata.net!

Talk about last week!

With threads like this how can you stay away?

That was giving me vertigo just watching it. Bet they are in half way decent shape though. And also think that tower is swaying back a forth A LOT. It isn't always sitting still.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I get tired climbing my 72 ft. tower. No way could I, or would I, climb that tower without a place to stop, have lunch and take a nap. And, I don't even free climb my little tower.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I painted lift towers for Copper Mountain Ski Area over the summers, and standing on swaying towers at 80 ft is still hair raising. I could not imagine at that height. No thanks...
    I use to worry about money; but then realized I don't HAVE anything to worry about.

"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

My hands are all sweaty, my heart is in my throat, I'm dizzy...................REALLY!!!!!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

That is fricken nuts. However, I wonder how crazy the guys that had to climb up to build it were. yikes.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

Quote Originally Posted by CarCar View Post
    That is fricken nuts. However, I wonder how crazy the guys that had to climb up to build it were. yikes.
    I agree, totally nuts. I would have to be tethered AT ALL TIMES to do that. Even then...sheesh!

As for the builders, don't you suppose they built it in sections and either stood it up or lifted it into place? Not that I *actually* have a clue, mind you.

Ahh...it has finally landed here...I started this going around my office last week. So far only one person has said it wouldn't be an issue...but is totally against proving he wouldn't have any issues by getting permission to climb the ones in Duncanville. Go figure.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    We pay a mint to the guys that climb our Cedar Hill towers... some 1600+ feet.
    I still haven't come up with the figure I would demand....I don't think Bill Gates has enough money to get me up there.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast