Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Great Pumpkin Rally

Team Handsome is registered but now confused... Registration event receipt and thread starter states 9:00am sign in, 9:45am first timer meeting. Event flier states 8:00am sign in, 8:45am first timer meeting. What is the real time? We will be driving for 3 hours in the morning to get to this from Atlanta.
    I drive to fast to worry about my cholesterol.

Quote Originally Posted by CarCar View Post
    Team Handsome is registered but now confused... Registration event receipt and thread starter states 9:00am sign in, 9:45am first timer meeting. Event flier states 8:00am sign in, 8:45am first timer meeting. What is the real time? We will be driving for 3 hours in the morning to get to this from Atlanta.
    L.D. Bell Graduate?? Try looking at the 2010 flyer not the 2009 flyer.

http://www.texasscca.org/Great_Pumpk...y_2010_rev.pdf

L.D. Bell Class of '86

...nevermind.

Everyone make it home OK?? It rained like hell on us all the way to Dallas....

Fun event sucks about the weather.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

We bailed about 20 min after you guys left Subway. The difference is we called the event folks to let them know we weren't hanging around for the results.

I looked at Tom and said "In the AX tradition, Brad, Jen, we're leavin'. If we trophied, bring it to us, OK?" Jen said, "I was gonna say the same thing to you."

We had a great time, even if we missed one of the major components of the TSD. I hate that the festival got washed away and those poor folks had to pack up everything in the monsoon.

Paris to Arlington in the rain was a whoopin.

Personal bad news, my car threw a code in the first leg. Good news is the code cleared when I left Tom's house. Must have been the gas cap again, I guess.

Tom says we'd be better if we did this more than once every two years. We'll have to work on that.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

We stopped looking for signs before Roxton and just followed directions to Paris. Rain hit us so hard I could not see the front of the car. Did not feel safe at all. We made it to Paris but didn't turn in our incomplete answer sheet. Felt it would have been pointless as late as we arrived and did not feel like getting drenched walking around trying to find the visitors office. My navigator is 10 years old and I thought he did a great job. We were real slow and missed plenty of turns and doubled back a few times and had to pull over to work on our spelling and understand directions and stuff but we had a great time together. Up until today he has just been a passive passsenger in the back seat of the mommy mobile with his 2 sisters and a dvd. First time experience influencing and taking an active part in reaching a destination was today. I am a proud dad. The weather really sucked though, top up all day and slow around the fun curves due to the wet, bleh. Mitch told me on the way home his favorite parts were the gravel road with the huge cloud of dust we put up, driving into a huge flock of black birds, and peeing on a tree.
    Last edited by CarCar; 10-23-2010 at 09:45 PM.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

CarCar - it sounds like a great success for you guys. Glad you made it, and glad you made the time for your son. That is awesome!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12