Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apex Driving Academy MSR 3.1 10/18

The R32 was pretty fast on the new RS3s. I managed to get down into the 2:36-2:37 range consistently. Still having problems with the front tires rolling over, but overall the car did well.

Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Oh hai there Blowtus! :) Makes me feel better about my times on the 3.1 then. Ran a 1:36 something, but not consistently and left a bit on the table. Last thing I need right now is to go off the track in the "Red" car. HA!
    I use to worry about money; but then realized I don't HAVE anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Are you at 100% throttle when exiting turns? The speed seems to climb quicker on some exits than it does on others. If not you need to focus on how can you spend more time on the gas, how soon can you get back to 100%. Also backup you braking zone by just a touch, 10ft increments.
    Your buddy who gave me the check ride said that although I was maintaining traction on the exit, I should not go full throttle because it was too violent.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

I was there on business but didn't get to sneak onto the track because someone oiled the track (looked like a Cayman). I did see Nails when I was there. I'm doing the Driver's Edge this weekend, anyone going back out this weeken with the Driver's Edge?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

I am not registered for the event. But, I will prolly come out to watch a few sessions.
    I use to worry about money; but then realized I don't HAVE anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post
    I was there on business but didn't get to sneak onto the track because someone oiled the track (looked like a Cayman). I did see Nails when I was there. I'm doing the Driver's Edge this weekend, anyone going back out this weeken with the Driver's Edge?
    If you're talking about the red car that started a grass fire just before lunch, I think it was a GT2.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Ya, that was the one. Ouch... I obviously didn't get a good look at it. I must have seen your car altiain when I was there. I saw a few RX8's. I'd love to get a ride in your car sometime at the track if we're ever there at the same time. I'll be in the market for a new-to-me used DD car in the next 8-10 months and RX8s are near the top of the list. I just hope it's big enough to be a dad car...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

It was a 997 GT3, I have great video of it being passed. Lost coolant. I had a nice drift in Little Ben from it.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post
    Ya, that was the one. Ouch... I obviously didn't get a good look at it. I must have seen your car altiain when I was there. I saw a few RX8's. I'd love to get a ride in your car sometime at the track if we're ever there at the same time. I'll be in the market for a new-to-me used DD car in the next 8-10 months and RX8s are near the top of the list. I just hope it's big enough to be a dad car...
    I take my son to daycare every morning in the back of my RX-8. It's a great "practical sports car", and a rear-facing child seat will fit behind the passenger seat. Just don't try to put anyone in the passenger seat at the same time...

You're welcome to catch a ride with me the next time I'm at the track. Just look me up.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That's good to know about the child seat. My son is 11 months old and about 18 lbs. I think in another 2 lbs he gets to be front facing? If the RX8 doesn't work out, then I'll be looking for an '06-'07 WRX waggon...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Driver

Keep em rear facing as long as possible. You want at least a year AND 20#. They are safer rear facing in an accident. Keep them in a convertible 5 point as long as possible too (Britax Boulevard is good for like 60#). I have friends who's kids are 22# in a booster using the seat belt. I'm really worried about them if they get into an accident

Evos are reasonable and make great daddy cars :) Or if you want to stay Mazda, MS3s are super good daddy cars.

FWD is a deal killer for the MS3... It's up in the air between the RX8 and WRX Wagon. Good '06-'07 Wagons only pop up from time to time. I'm a little interested in the Ralliart, but reliability of the TC-SST is a concern and it may be too boring to drive a twin clutch...

I'll probably end up driving the miata around for a while until I find the right car.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Carazzie is using a rear facing seat in her Miata and Jadyn is almost two.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    It was a 997 GT3, I have great video of it being passed. Lost coolant. I had a nice drift in Little Ben from it.
    Porsche pedigree.
    Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    I have friends who's kids are 22# in a booster using the seat belt. I'm really worried about them if they get into an accident
    There was once a day where children did not wear a 6-point harness w/arm restraints, HANS, in a rear facing seat...and lived!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Porsche pedigree.

There was once a day where children did not wear a 6-point harness w/arm restraints, HANS, in a rear facing seat...and lived!
    But they turned out like you.
    M3 is always the answer.

douché

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I had one of the best track days ever. Weather was great! Track was very fun in the 3.1; very smooth too. And the people there were real nice.

I did have an off at buzzard's neck and should have video posted later of it. I set cameras to 720 instead of 1080 so I think my comp can edit it.

Hey Michael, nice to meet you. It was a great day to be out there! I put together some footage of the cars in the intermediate group, there's some of you in there. If you've got any footage of me, I'd love to see it.

I've got footage of you but can't edit it yet. Need a Vista or Win 7 machine and mine's xp. I'll get my track vids posted by mid December at latest. Probably a week after the ECR Toy Run on 12/4/10.

Driver

Windows Movie Maker works great in XP....

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I've got footage of you but can't edit it yet. Need a Vista or Win 7 machine and mine's xp. I'll get my track vids posted by mid December at latest. Probably a week after the ECR Toy Run on 12/4/10.
    If you want I can drop the resolution for you.
    M3 is always the answer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast