Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALCS: The $151-million Underdogs vs The Yankee D-Bags

Default ALCS: The $151-million Underdogs vs The Yankee D-Bags

I figure the next round of playoffs deserves its own thread, no?

Home-field advantage (I know it didn't matter against Tampa), CJ starting, no pressure - I'm feeling pretty good about tonight... At this point it's all gravy, even though a trip to the World Series would be pretty cool.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I'm still hoping for a Giants Rangers WS.

I wonder who Titus would root for in that situation.....
    If you're addicted to cold turkey how do you stop?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I'm still hoping for a Giants Rangers WS.

I wonder who Titus would root for in that situation.....
    Rangers. No question there. The Rangers would pound them, just like my A's did in the quake series of '89.

And for the record, the Giants are my 3rd most hated team and the Rangers are not even on the list.... Dodgers, Yankees, Giants, Reds. They can all go to hell. I have no problems with any other MLB teams.

Hater.

I still laugh about the jackball joke though.....

And I still laugh at 7 years, $126 million for Barry Zito. Bwahahahaha!

I'm hoping the Rangers can go all the way, but like trickyrix said, everything from this point forward I view as a bonus.
    I'm very content with the outcome of this season.
    I'm really looking forward to see if Cliff stays with us at the end of the season, but honestly, I think that depends on how well we do the rest of the postseason. I like the Phillies, but I'm the biggest Tim Lincecum fan so I'd like the see the Giants go...
    I think the Rangers have a way better chance at the Yankees than the Giants have against the Phillies...
    Cory
    2006 Mazda MX-5 GT (SOLD)
    ​1999 Mazda Miata (FOR SALE)
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

I haven't watched much of the NL this year, but I'm curious to see what the buzz around SF's Mitch Kramer stand-in is all about... might have to watch that game tomorrow night.

If I had to pull for an NL team, my vote goes to the Giants just because I can't stand anything related to Philly... except maybe the cheesesteak.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Default A little bit o' Wash Gold to get everyone in the mood...

Getch yer head ouch’yer butt and less play baseball...

Click on the link, then scroll down and click the "play" arrow to play the audio...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

After giving it some thought, I have come to the conclusion that this series really rides on Lee's shoulders, and the team who wins tomorrow will likely win the series. Just think about it... if Lee gets the win tomorrow, the Rangers are up 2-1. Game seven has Lee pitching again at home. To get to game seven, the rangers would only need to win 1 of 3 in games 4 through 6. Pitching match ups are Hunter vs. Burnett, Wilson vs. Sabathia, and Lewis vs. Hughes. They should be able to get at least one win out of those three. So the series is Lee's for the taking.

they should have won game one, michael young needs to practice on how to field a ground ball.

The bullpen lost game one. Period.

The rangers have proved they can score on the yankees, and they have the pitching that can match them as well. As long as the bullpen doesn't blow it again like game one and hand the yankees 3 more wins, they should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ForAllMankind View Post
    they should have won game one, michael young needs to practice on how to field a ground ball.
    if you consider a short hop laser beam line drive hot off A ROD's bat five feet to Young's left a "ground ball"...
    Cory
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Nice recovery Saturday... it's a 5-game series now.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    After giving it some thought, I have come to the conclusion that this series really rides on Lee's shoulders, and the team who wins tomorrow will likely win the series. Just think about it... if Lee gets the win tomorrow, the Rangers are up 2-1. Game seven has Lee pitching again at home. To get to game seven, the rangers would only need to win 1 of 3 in games 4 through 6. Pitching match ups are Hunter vs. Burnett, Wilson vs. Sabathia, and Lewis vs. Hughes. They should be able to get at least one win out of those three. So the series is Lee's for the taking.
    I agree with this all the way...
    I heard the Yankees will probably use a 3-man rotation, skipping burnett and going back to CC on Game 4 to have him available for Game 7 as well.
    Honestly, that doesn't scare me much as a rangers fan. Look how we've done against CC and Hughes! The only one I'm concerned with would be Petite. However, the Rangers have been hitting some big name lefties of late, CC and Price.
    I'd say whoever wins tonight takes all...
    GO RANGERS!!!
    Cory
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Once again, Cliff Lee is a pitching machine!

Cliff Lee is a BEAST!!!
    Nice to see everyone is swinging the bats again, too!
    Cory
    2004 Chevrolet Z06/Z16
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 650

I think all of the die hard Ranger fans in the metroplex should kick in about $50 or $100 a piece to put towards resigning Cliff Lee. :)

This Cliff Lee kid is pretty good... I watched the game at Plucker's and it was packed full of rabid Ranger fans - a very, very good time. At one point, the whole place cranked up a nice "F**K YOU YANKEES! (clap. clap. clap-clap-clap.)" chant. There was exactly one sorry Yankee fan there, and he didn't even offer up so much as a fist pump (not that he had shit to cheer for). He looked like Turtle from Entourage and he just sat quietly in the corner, stuffing his face with wings until we went on that 9th inning tear. Then he skulked out the side door.

When TBS showed the shot of all the Yankee "fans" streaming out of the stadium, the place again erupted into rowdy cheers. Bandwagon or no, we've got some good fans in this town.

It's time...

(You Ticket geeks out there will totally understand the snow monkey reference...)
    Last edited by trickyrix; 10-19-2010 at 08:48 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by AlanP1964 View Post
    I think all of the die hard Ranger fans in the metroplex should kick in about $50 or $100 a piece to put towards resigning Cliff Lee. :)
    This poses the question, how much would Rangers fans considered an acceptable amount to pay Lee to stay if an offer was made today? And how much would they be cool with in 2 weeks if Lee brings home a World Series trophy?

It seems that the new TV contract will allow them to throw crazy money at him, but just because they can doesn't mean they should. It has been almost 10 years since they spent $252M on A-Roid and I am sure the results of that fiasco have made some a little gun shy. Is it time to get back on the horse and bring the Brinks truck out of cold storage?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast