Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SCCA Solo Event #9 @ Lone Star Park - 11/7/2010

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    I always drive with one hand because the other hand is busy waving to my fans as I blast around the course.
    I guess I had better start cheering.

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    What did he just say?!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Simple response: 9 shifts, 7 while the car was loaded up some, 2 while the car was above .8 g's.
    I generally spend much more time with two hands-on the wheel, but my times during the first half of the course (where most of the one handed stuff occurred) were reasonable - within 2 tenths of KenO, a tenth off of OZMDD, and a tenth ahead of autoxmax.
    My problems Sunday had much less to do with line and much more to do with misjudging the surface, especially trying to put down power earlier than the surface would allow.

The system is a race-keeper. It seamlessly merges video, gps, accelerometer, and odb2 data - as a bonus it does easy exporting of videos.

Sean
    it's a bad habit to start, and the sooner you unlearn it... the faster you will be....

Just wanted to pass along a note we received from Rachel Hedstrom in regards to Honor Flight being at our last event.

Your generosity made a difference!

Texas Region SCCA,

Thanks to all of you SO MUCH for helping support Honor Flight. Because of you all, we raised $853 total! This basically covers yet another vet to
    Washington, D.C.
    "Thanks" is a word that just does not seem enough for what SCCA did to help.

I am sorry I am so late in sending this note out -- during the week of Veterans Day, we did seven speaking engagements, news stories and a parade -- and I didn't get to sleep! But it was amazing to help these veterans tell their stories and be a (small) part of thanking them.

Basil Gentry, the veteran who got a couple of rides at the autocross, has not stopped talking about how much fun he had. He's already told several other veterans and has "recruited" them to come take a ride. I think if we do another event in May, we'll have them lined up to take rides. :) (He was riding in the Corvette next to mine during the Veterans Day Parade in downtown
    Dallas
    -- and he talked about it during the entire two-mile parade route).

Oh yes - and at the parade I also saw Les, who is a member of the FW Corvette Club who was out at the autocross on Sunday -- he said hello again and shuttled a veteran down the parade route in his car. It's a small automotive world.

The success Honor Flight DFW has enjoyed thus far has been entirely because of good-hearted people like those involved with SCCA. Without you, we wouldn't have the honor of thanking these men and women for their service in such a meaningful way. You absolutely made my year with your kindness, energy and support of a cause so dear to my heart. Thank you.

Again, my apologies for the tardiness of my note.....I meant to send it earlier and an entire seven days flew by in the blink of an eye.

Thank you, thank you!!!!

Rachel
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123