Thread: Hey Kestrel!

Default Hey Kestrel!

So, how did your out of town co-drive go? Did you show the locals how we do it down here?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I co-drove my nephew's "modified" Mitsubishi Eclipse GST... in ESP . It was the season opener for the Virginia Motorsports Club. They put on a very nice event, and had about 125 - 140 cars. First car out at 12noon (couldn't be earlier because of sound/noise regulations ), and it ended about 6:00pm. 4 runs for each driver, all in a single heat.

I don't think I did very well. My nephew had messed with the car quite a bit, and it really was a big, lumbering pig -- at least compared to what I'm used to. Want to see a Miata Pilot fighting a turbocharged, street-tire shod, wrong-wheel drive, pig? Check out picture P0003569.jpg at this site I'm in
    181ESP. I'll let you know where I ended up when they post results.

But I think my nephew had a great time, and I hope I've gotten him hooked on our "drug". After all, that was the real reason I ran in that event.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

BTW, their CS drivers didn't look too impressive. I'm not saying I would have beaten them, but compared to our "top guns", they looked good, but not great. GS and the "S" classes (STS, STX) seemed to be the classes to watch. Of course, I think an AM took TTOD, but not by much. I think an STX Mini was within a second of the AM on a 60 - 70 second course .
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)