Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Day!!

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    So far, I have been very productive from home today. No, really. It could happen.
    I don’t care who you are, that’s funny right there…

Driver training this afternoon, POS??

Ugg, the roads are way worse this afternoon then they were this morning.

Got to play good samaritan/tow truck on the way home. Then talked to an Carrollton policeman for a few minutes to see if he needed anymore help. Nice guy.

Last edited by sammm; 02-01-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: no F bombs...some people read this at work

It's really tempting to take a pic of mine now....clean and in the garage. I had to go in this morning. Driving down 360 was quite entertaining. The drive home at noon (1 customer showed up....damn Subarus) was definitely worse. Had to be creative once I got off the freeway....there was either a hill to go down on the exit ramp to Riverside Pkwy or a bigger hill to go down on Post and Paddock. I think this is the most my truck has been in 4X4HI.

Made it in to work and back in the Grand Prix. With the motor sitting on the drive wheels it's pretty good. Coming home was not to bad, just got to take it easy. Funny part is I was able to roll into work at about 15mph w/out stopping and it took about the same amount of time that a typical morning takes with all the stopping in the stop and go traffic.
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

It took me 15 minutes to get my doors open this morning. brrrr. had to leave the car parked out in the street rather than the garage. It slid down the hill into the alley as I pulled out and wouldn't make it back up. hahaha

Same here tinman, my doors would NOT come open. I blame the lack of anything to grab on to.

(that's what she said)

+1. Parked the Miata behind the element last night, had to move it to get the element out. without gloves I felt like I was going to breakmy finger. First time I've cussed the one finger door handles.

Finally gave up and poured cold water down the channel. Popped right open but the water instantly froze on the window.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Chassis Designer

Took at least 8 tries to back slightly uphill out of the driveway. The 37 mile commute took a couple of hours, more than double the usual. On the plus side I got to see several mishaps of slow spins without damage. The worst thing I did was skid past the entrance to our parking lot at the end of the journey. Going home is gonna be worse I'm sure. Hopefully everyone else left at lunch....

Justin to Grapevine for work tonight around 8:15pm... FML
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Garland just canceled school for tomorrow as well. My driveway and street are still a solid sheet of ice, so it looks like I may be working from home again tomorrow.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Lewisville ISD closed again too. Gonna have to do something about the cabin fever tomorrow. Been a long day.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

No school for me tomorrow either. Damn, I was supposed to work a double today but the mall closed and now I won't have school tomorrow.

Our Frisco office will be closed again tomorrow. Fingers crossed for total VPN failure...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Drove in from south of Aledo this morning around 6. No real problem if using common sense in the Protege. Took around an hour 15. Only sand/dirt/maybe salt trucks I saw were circling the Omni in FTW. Streets around there looked like country dirt roads while no attention was being paid to main streets. In the hospital district they had not even cleared the ambulance routes which had the staff livid I understand. Watched the Steeler departure from the Omni for press day from my office. Half dozen PD cars, 4 buses, half dozen sport utes and 3 City of FTW sand trucks all the way out of town and down i-30.... Roads actually worse on the drive home. Will likely be uglier in the morning. Surprisingly Parker County was actually attempting to sand/salt. Must be an election year.

Steve E

Kid just got notice that school is off for tomorrow also..... Slacker Kid!

I just looked on the websites for HEBISD, KellerISD, NorthwestISD - all closed Wednesday.

Got to work just fine, but going home was a different story. Did a 180 on eastbound LBJ just before the High Five on the way home driving the Miata. I won't be going in early tomorrow!!!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Trickyrix you can just hush your mouth. If we have a VPN failure then I have to drive into the office to trouble shoot it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast