Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow Day!!

Stayed home today, just got the message to do the same tomorrow, yay.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Come on I thought you guys could drive in all conditions !

I made it to and from work in the NA with no problems at all even with 1/4 tank of gas on the way home I was able to drive up a hill a guy in a 4wd ram on 35's could not make it more than 1/2 way up I'm pretty sure I hurt his ego when I went up the hill with no problem or wheel spin at all But I'm a damn Yankee and know how to drive in this stuff tomorrow will be a different story with all the ice from this crap freezing over

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Going golfing tomorrow?

On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

i made it in to work today, albeit in the lancer. i just put falken ziex tires on her to replace the bald originals, and boy am i glad. got a lot of things done, but we didn't have many customers.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well TCU is cancelled for the second day in a row. Guess I will just lap the ring in forza for a while then.

Found out today my stupid company 'officially' doesn't allow us to work from home for anything other than production down issues by corporate policy. My job HAS to be done Tuesday and Wednesdays, so I had to take a vacation day just to work from home today. Don't want to burn another day working so however bad it is tomorrow looks like i'll be braving it again.

I'd complain but anyone with any power is based in Canada and fire people.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Fuck that. Who do you work for?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Chassis Designer

Drive home (Azle to Grapevine) was a breeze compared to this morning. This morning I left at 9 and got in after 11. This evening left work at 4:30 and was home at 5:30 which is about 10 minutes later than normal. Not bad at all especially considering I had to drop a coworker off which is not the norm and could account for the majority of the 10 minutes. The highways were pretty good. Most of the way there was at least one lane that was pretty clear. And there was hardly anyone out. We'll try again tomorrow...

Drove to work and back w/o wrecking today. One spin out, one stall, one drift, and a whole lotta fish tails to the right. Damn open diff.

Was like a track day!

Gotta go back tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    +1... that's just plain stupid.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Wow, there is an official State Power Emergency which calls for rolling blackouts in the area to relieve stress on the generators. 15 to 30 minute intentional outages. So much for working from home.

Is that why all my clocks were off this morning. Hmmmm.

Ed: Just experienced another one of those. . .
    Last edited by Squid; 02-02-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Came about 5 inches from smacking a fire hydrant at 6mph in the element just now. Saved by the ice drift near the curb. Luckly I had the tires cut all the way, ice made the curb act like a bumper and deflected the car in the right direction, no damage to suspension or anything.
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 02-02-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Yep its retarded. From what I understand this strict policy is their way of preventing everyone from working from home whenever they feel like it. Unfortunately they're in canada and have no concern what really goes on here. Also because of that I think here were going to work something out under the table where we don't really take vacation.

Its a run of the mill 'business solutions' company. We take customer data and convert it to print, then print & mail it, like bills and healthcare statements & such. Was a great company till we got bought out by corporate bastards in canada.

I could have just taken vacation, but I load our data to staging, our data push today would have been a nightmare, so I chose to work instead.

I drove the wife to work this morning and then headed over to the world headquarters.

Roads were "meh" biggest issue I had was stupid people!

^Same here. 121 was patchy, but as long as you followed the driven tracks you had pavement to drive on. The small back road to my company was a solid inch thick sheet of ice. That's where that lucky firehydrant on the curve sits.

Sooo glad Im not working today. I work for Carey International. We are the contracted company for the NFL AND anyone with the Super Bowl. I dont care how they get around, as long as Im not putting up with them in conditions like this.

Come back 70*, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miatie View Post
    Sooo glad Im not working today. I work for Carey International. We are the contracted company for the NFL AND anyone with the Super Bowl.
    But who's gonna take Ben Rapistberger to the strip club???
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Stupid rolling blackouts... every time we get one (we've had two so far, each about 20 minutes) I have to reset the wireless router after the power comes back on before I can get back to the internet. :rant:
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

stuck at the apt day 2. entrance/exit is on an incline. i got half-way up & started to slowly slide backward. i had a few tenants help me push the car out of the way of traffic, and turned around. it's frustrating since i don't have my work laptop with me - and i have a customer meeting today. argh
    - luis
    '99 NB1

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast