Thread: New SE coming out.

Default New SE coming out.

More info here.

900,000 units is a heck of a milestone, and that's precisely the production benchmark the Mazda MX-5 Miata has reached over the course of its 22-year lifespan so far. And to celebrate, Mazda is launching a commemorative special edition.

Launched at the Chicago Auto Show, the MX-5 Miata Special Edition features an interior decked out in a unique gray leather color scheme with gray top-stitching and aluminum trim. It's based on the PRHT model, so it's got a retractable hard top, and comes standard with the otherwise optional Premium and Suspension packages along with special 17-inch alloys.

Buyers can choose from Sparkling Black or Dolphin Gray Mica, with either automatic or manual six-speed transmissions. Only 750 examples will be made, exclusively available in North America, with prices starting at $30,925. Full details in the press release after the jump.

Interesting. I'd like to see a special edition that paid more homage to the original. i.e. lightweight and not a hard top. And maybe more HP. Porsche seems to do very well with the "take things away and make it more expensive" business model, maybe Mazda should try it.
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

Question

Is there any other car that has overdone the "Special Edition" cars more than the Mazda Miata?

Out of the 900,000 they have built 675,000 we some sort of an Special Edition Variant.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Is there any other car that has overdone the "Special Edition" cars more than the Mazda Miata?

Out of the 900,000 they have built 675,000 we some sort of an Special Edition Variant.
    There hasn't been many NC specials editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    There hasn't been many NC specials editions.
    That is because NC's are not that Special.....
    Last edited by POS Racing; 02-10-2011 at 08:45 AM.

$31k for special paint and leather trimmings? Yeah, I'll have to pass, but thanks for the offer.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    $31k for special paint and leather trimmings? Yeah, I'll have to pass, but thanks for the offer.
    With Pontiac/Saturn/Honda all out of the affordable roadster market, Mazda may be seeing the lack of competition as an opportunity to allow the price to creep up.

I was hoping to see BRG make a return as a special edition...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...