Thread: Brown Santa (UPS)

Default Brown Santa (UPS)

Anyone has any idea how is Brown Santa making his round in delivery? I am expecting 2 packages, 1 from the west and 1 from the east coast. According to the UPS tracking site, one package has been sitting in Mesquite since the 3rd. Since then, no more update of the expected delivery time. The other package went to Illinois last week and now is scheduled for Friday delivery. Anyone knows why the package is just sitting in Mesquite. My house is only a few miles from Mesquite. Even it they switch their brown trucks to donkeys, the package should be at my house days ago!
    Gabriel

Dude turn on your TV! We are in the middle of Snowpocalypse 2011!!!

Run for your life!!!!

I am at work = no TV. POS, I am one of those who have the nose to the grinder all the time. Anyway, how bad is it out there right now? I am thinking of taking off early before all the idiots getting back on the road again! I have been at work since 6AM before it got really bad.
    Gabriel

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I had a truck delivery from Dallas today...not UPS, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    I am at work = no TV. POS, I am one of those who have the nose to the grinder all the time. Anyway, how bad is it out there right now? I am thinking of taking off early before all the idiots getting back on the road again! I have been at work since 6AM before it got really bad.
    Back off Skippy I'm at work today also!

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Probably not that bad as my street which was solid ice four hours ago is mostly clear now.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Left the office around 1. Really no big deal...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Brown Santa dropped off a box on my front door today around 1:00 today... so they are out and about today...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

I ordered a batch of parts from Mazda Motorsports on the first. They've been sitting in Mesquite since the fourth. I've ordered two other items after the first and UPS has dropped off both of them, but no movement from the Mazda order.

I was an elf for the Brown Santa in college (unloaded semi trailers). They were such a$$es to their employees back then that I avoid using them when I can.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Back off Skippy I'm at work today also!
    It's so cute that you call it work.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

I ordered a package from Lubbock last Monday. It arrived in Mesquite within 24 hours, then took another week to get to Richardson.

As luck would have it, one item is the wrong size. And now there's a shipping backlog, so it's probably safe to add a week to the usual ETA.

Would you rather the truck containing your stuff stay upright in their parking lot for a few extra days, or wind up upside down in a ditch today?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    It's so cute that you call it work.
    Wow! and you guys say I'm mean.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Would you rather the truck containing your stuff stay upright in their parking lot for a few extra days, or wind up upside down in a ditch today?
    Maybe you missed the fact that UPS has delivered two OTHER packages that have been ordered since my Mazda parts. FedEx has also made a few dropoffs. They are both running, but my delayed delivery is being delayed even more.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

"That's logistics." I'm no UPS apologist -- I pronounce it "oops".

They are so backed up it's stupid. They shut down completely for 4 days last week. I might add that I drove to work just fine each of those day too. I had a '2nd day air' package that sat at their warehouse less than 10 miles from my house for a week. You'll likely get your missing package after they dig out. I hope you're not in a rush.

we were on the phone today at work trying to track seasonal merchandise that we hadn't received yet. the excuse was that things were delayed by the storms on the east coast. when I told her the merchandise i was looking for shipped out of california and showed it was in their mesquite center LAST tuesday she didn't have anything to add. Fed ex delivered everyday last week except friday, but they were out Saturday making deliveries instead. UPS is slacking and we are short a ton of merchandise because of it.

It's bad enough that were getting screwed by the weather, but not having the merchandise to the customers that do make it out is frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now the website saying 1 package (from Mazdaspeed from CA) is out for delivery today. The other one that has been saying delivery by the end of today still has not showed up at Mesquite! I have agree that UPS are a bunch of slackers! When the roads were so bad last week, I still saw a bunch of FedEx trucks trying to get through! I know who I am going to my business to in the future! No use to reward slackers!
    Gabriel

That's ok. My package arived at Mesquite @ 3:45am Yesterday and they put an "Adverse weather conditions" notice on it at 10:00. Today it still says Advers weather conditions.

The company I work for started using UPS for all of it's shipping needs last year and found out real quick that UPS sucks. They were losing packages right and left for a few months with the UPS guys unloading the product from the trailers. Two day select packages were not separated and we would'nt be able to find them for weeks. Really great when you have a machine waiting on parts!
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica