Thread: Anyone Know a Lot About Car Amps?

Default Anyone Know a Lot About Car Amps?

OK. This was a surprise. I'm selling my 10 year old Rockford Fosgate 4080 amp on E-Bay. Wait! Don't delete this post! I'm not even going to post a link!

This was a bitchin' amp back when it was installed in my 92 Civic Si. Powered the whole system and was loud and smooth as hell. I knew it had developed a bit of a reputation as a great amp "back in the day" but had no idea what to price it at for E-Bay. I figured capitalism works, and the eventual ending price would be the correct price.

That was last night.

Fast forward to this morning and I have FIVE offers from people who want to buy the amp flat out and have me end the auction early. Sheesh! Everyone wants to know what price I would take to end it early, and I have no clue what to tell them. I'm tempted just to let the auction ride out and see what happens. By the same token, I wouldn't mind pocketing the money right now and being done with it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the fair market value of a used by in excellent condition old Fosgate 4080?

TIA,

S.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

If I'm selling something on Ebay, I check the completed items to see what it (or similiar) sold for in the past. If you end the auction early, you only have to pay Ebay the 'insertion' fee. They get no cut off your selling price.

Here are two examples of recent sales:

Brand new, went for $175 shipped

Used, went with Buy it now for $185 shipped

Funny thing is, I couldn't find your listing, unless you are in Michigan

Haha. I'm not in Michigan. But the amp is. Along with a set of snow tires I sold recently, which is why my location still reads as Michigan. Oops.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Haha. I'm not in Michigan. But the amp is. Along with a set of snow tires I sold recently, which is why my location still reads as Michigan. Oops.

S.
    A user ID that contains Chicago, for an item in Michigan with the seller in Dallas? Sounds like a scam to me... I would stay away from that guy!

Sheesh! Tough crowd. We lived in Chicago for 3 years. Hence, the user ID. My in-laws live in MI. We took a bunch of stuff to their place before we moved back to DFW this past summer. I don't think a 100% positive feedback rating with 23 scores screams SCAM. But you might have a point... The option is changing my user ID, which also screams scam.

S.

Sell it to me!

I'll give ya two-fiddy! ($2.50) :P
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well, it's now up to $177.50. That covers half the new Toro lawnmower I just bought!

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Well, it's now up to $177.50. That covers half the new Toro lawnmower I just bought!

S.
    I bet you're glad you didn't end the auction early!

$182.50! Score! That will buy ONE WHOLE WHEEL FOR AUTOX!

S.