Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Houston National Tour - Baytown, TX March 19-20

Default Houston National Tour - Baytown, TX March 19-20

Link to SCCA's site for the Houston National Tour

Just a friendly remonder that early registration ends this Friday, March 4th. After that, the entry fee jumps to $130. Register early and often!

See ya there!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I think I am going to pass.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I think I am going to pass gas.
    fixed!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

So Dave, other than this unfortunate rule...No outside alcoholic beverages allowed... what is the word on this site? Size, surface, etc...?

Thanks

It's a little larger than Pennington but has light poles so course length will be short (30-40 seconds). And it will likely be courses where you drive down one side then make a U turn and come back on the other. The surface is unsealed asphalt with good grip. It's SUPER flat with no potholes anywhere, and it did not seem to rubber in or gravel up at all.

Oh yeah... I hope you like paddocking in the grass!

Thanks. I will bring my plywood, tarp, and mudders....

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    It's a little larger than Pennington but has light poles so course length will be short (30-40 seconds). And it will likely be courses where you drive down one side then make a U turn and come back on the other. The surface is unsealed asphalt with good grip. It's SUPER flat with no potholes anywhere, and it did not seem to rubber in or gravel up at all.

Oh yeah... I hope you like paddocking in the grass!
    Wow. Sounds like a winner. Tell me again why we aren't going back to GGP?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Tell me again why we aren't going back to GGP?
    Some Houston guys at the TXAMSCC event a few weeks ago told me that GGP is in really bad shape. Other than being on the south side of Houston, I really liked that venue.

Wish they'd been able to use the Riverside Annex for this Tour. sigh...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Some Houston guys at the TXAMSCC event a few weeks ago told me that GGP is in really bad shape. Other than being on the south side of Houston, I really liked that venue.
    Me too. I always liked GGP. I even liked that seafood joint Matt always wanted to go to on the bay, although I heard it wasn't so good last year.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Wish they'd been able to use the Riverside Annex for this Tour. sigh...
    I figure they are saving it for the Div, or maybe the site restrictions do not work for the requirements from the Nat office. Probably the latter.

You guys will like this site. The surface is grippy, it's not hard on tires, and it's a dedicated race facility so the neighbors aren't going to gripe about us being there.

On paper it's only slightly bigger than Pennington, but it felt much bigger than that. There are only three poles, and they're easily worked around. It would be nice if it was bigger, but you probably won't complain about the size. The only real downside I saw was the paddock/parking in the grass. No big deal as long as it doesn't rain.

Don't forget - if you sign up for the Tour and the Pro, we'll give you $30 credit to use for any TX Region event or merchandise. If you can't make the Tour, we'll also give you a $30 credit if you sign up for the Pro only, and it's your first time running a Pro.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

I've been asked by Zack Barnes to post this info about the Houston National Tour -
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    From Zack:

Let your club members know that this is our food/drink plans for the Houston NT - and ask them to leave their diets in the DFW metroplex-

FRIDAY's menu: http://www.berniesburgerbus.com/
    Pick one of these:
    1) The Principal: Traditional approach to the classic American burger with mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, pickle, thin sliced onions, shredded lettuce, and slow roasted garlic tomatoes. Electives: Texas Cheddar • Bacon • Bernie’s Caramelized “Tipsy” Onions

2) The Substitute: Burger topped with a bleu cheese , thick sliced crispy bacon, burgundy laced mushrooms and Bernie’s Tipsy caramelized onions

3) The Bully: It is finally your time to take this bully DOWN! Two of our signature burger patties both topped with Texas Cheddar, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, pickle, thin sliced onions, shredded lettuce, and slow roasted garlic tomatoes

And pair it with one of these...
    1) Hand-Cut French Fries w/ Homemade Ketchup
    2) Sweet Potato Fries w/ Chipotle Aioli

Come early and hungry because when he is out of food, he is out of food!!

SATURDAY: Saturday's menu from http://3cajunpigs.com/menu/ , http://3cajunpigs.com/catering/

Cajun Brisket - low/slow smoked 14 hrs
    Pulled Pork - low/slow smoked, then hand pulled
    Drumsticks - slathered in a sweet/spicy BBQ sawce
    Gumbo - Gram'Maw's secret recipe - there'll be 40 QTS of it.
    Red Beans - Again Gram'maw's recipe
    Dirrrty Rice
    Hush Puppies and French Bread.

BOOZE!
    Due to Dry-county-ness - "no outside alcohol on site" - there is a $1 "membership fee" to join the Royal Purple Tower Club" and HouSCCA is paying for 1 keg each night, when they're gone, so are the free drinks...

KNOCK OFF THE GROANING.

...there will be a fully operational CASH BAR right there in the club, run by the track, with the usual $3/$5/$6/$8 - whatever pricing scheme. Otherwise, pretend you're in college again = KEEP IT OUT o' sight = plausible deniability (*cough*SOLO CUPS*cough*).
    If you can't handle that return to the hotel or Iguana Joe's.

THANKS!
    -Zack Barnes
    HouSCCA Rookie, Social, and Street Tire Host.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

The Houston crew are good hosts, so it should be a good time. I wish I was going, but too many other expenses popped up in the past few months. You all have fun and bring back some trophies!

What time is everyone leaving?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Mike and I are headed down there about 8am tomorrow.
    Iain

Hoping to make some practice runs?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Run Heat 1: SSL, BS, CSL, DSL, ES, FS, GS, HSL, STSL, STX, STU, BSPL, CSPL, DSP, XP, DPL, GPL, SM, SMFL, AML, BML, CM, DM, EML, FML, F125L, FJA, FJB, FSAE

Run Heat 2: SS, ASL, CS, DS, HS, STL, STS, ASPL, BSP, CSP, ESPL, FSPL, CPL, DP, EPL, FPL, GP, SMF, SSML, AM, BM, EM, FM, F125, IDX1, STRL

Course open for walking

Run Heat 3: AS, BSL, ESL, FSL, GSL, ST, STXL, STUL, ASP, DSPL, ESP, FSP, XPL, CP, EP, FP, SML, SSM, CML, DML, FSAEL, IDX2, STR

Work Heat 1: SS, ASL, CS, DS, HS, STL, STS, ASPL, BSP, CSP, ESPL, FSPL, CPL, DP, EPL, FPL, GP, SMF, SSML, AM, BM, EM, FM, F125, IDX1, STRL

Work Heat 2: SS, ASL, CS, DS, HS, STL, STS, ASPL, BSP, CSP, ESPL, FSPL, CPL, DP, EPL, FPL, GP, SMF, SSML, AM, BM, EM, FM, F125, IDX1, STRL

Course open for walking

Work Heat 3: SSL, BS, CSL, DSL, ES, FS, GS, HSL, STSL, STX, STU, BSPL, CSPL, DSP, XP, DPL, GPL, SM, SMFL, AML, BML, CM, DM, EML, FML, F125L, FJA, FJB, FSAE

You can cheer on your favorite driver by watching the live timing at.
    http://sololive.scca.com/

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Mike and I are headed down there about 8am tomorrow.
    Good luck guys and the rest of y'all going! Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Hoping to make some practice runs?
    That's the plan. What time are you and jon heading out? Where are y'all staying?
    Iain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast