Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SCCA Solo Event #1 @ Lone Star Park - 3/13/2011

Default SCCA Solo Event #1 @ Lone Star Park - 3/13/2011

It will be a double-header at Lone Star Park next weekend with the SCCA hosting an event there on Sunday. Come one, come all.

More info at http://texasscca.org/Home.aspx.

I will post a course map in a few days.

Course.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Don't forget this is time change weekend. Spring forward 1-hour Saturday night.

I am looking for two people to arrive on Sunday at 7 AM in order to help clear the course of gravel using supplied back-pack blowers. This would be your work assignment for the event. If you are interested, then please contact me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com.

Signed up!
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

Dust your car off & grab your helmet!

The first Texas Region SCCA autocross of the 2011 season is this weekend Sunday, March 13th at LoneStarPark in Grand Prairie!

Online registration is still open but closes Friday, March 11th at midnight -

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/3DF0A23D-98B4-F67C-2669AB32C7B4FE88

Registration will be allowed at the event site. (But who wants to stand in line, right??)

Sunday's Entry Fee:
    $30 for SCCA members. $40 for non-members (includes weekend membership).

Sunday’s event schedule:

7:30am - 8:30am....Registration & Tech Inspection Open
    8:00am - 9:00am....Course open for walking
    8:40am (approx).....Novice Walk Thru
    9:00am (approx).....Mandatory Drivers Meeting
    9:30am (approx).....Drivers to Grid, Workers to Course, First Car Out!

Sunday’s Course Map -
    http://img64.imageshack.us/i/lonestarparkscca2011031.png/

If this will be your first event with Texas Region SCCA Solo, please be at the site by 7:30am! This gives you time to get registration taken care of, Tech your car & have plenty of time to walk the course.

Everyone on site MUST sign the insurance waiver & get a wristband. Minor waivers will be available for anyone under 18.

Also, a very helpful guide to a day of autocrossing:
    http://www.autocross.com/tr/modules/content/index.php?id=44

If you’re interested in getting in on the Solo Annual Registration program (9 events for the price of 7), it’s not too late!! Just follow the link for more information -
    http://texasscca.org/Solo/Solo2011AnnualRegistration.aspx

In addition, we’ve got a Test-N-Tune/Practice event at the same site the day before on the Saturday. The test-n-tune will be from 9am to 4pm. You get to make as many runs as you like (or as long as your tires last). There will be a timed course plus a couple of course tuning areas. We plan on having the Division’s scales onsite if you would like to weigh your car. Scales will only be available if the approved operators are available at the time.
    Your car will have to be Tech’d before being allowed to run the test-n-tune. Note: Entry fee is “per person” Not “per car”.

Test-N-Tune/Practice Event registration link -
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/FD2B2CAD-D7F1-A464-B21C45C5131A2E51

Speaking of Tech...

The 2011 Solo Annual Tech Inspection will be at LoneStarPark the same Saturday as the test-n-tune (Saturday, March 12th). Our Chief of Tech, Bob Neff will be onsite & conducting Annual Tech inspections. Annual Tech will be from 8:30am to 4pm.

For more info & qualifications on the Texas Region Solo Annual Tech program, follow the link to the Texas Region Solo page -
    http://texasscca.org/Solo/SoloAnnualTech.aspx

That’s all for now.

Thanks for your time & inbox space! We’ll see ya around the cones!

Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region Asst RE - Solo
    [email protected]

(If you have questions or comments, please feel free to send me a note!)

For more info on everything TX Region Solo, got to our wepage - www.texassolo.org

Follow Texas Region SCCA Solo on Facebook!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

How can I forget...

Ditch the Spare weigh-in this Sunday at the first event.

Time to meet reality!! :)
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    How can I forget...

Ditch the Spare weigh-in this Sunday at the first event.

Time to meet reality!! :)
    Dang I will be at MSR-C. Can I email my weight?
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Submit a pic of you on the scale (clothed) holding today's paper. The scale reading must be visible.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Submit a pic of you on the scale (clothed, please no speedos) holding today's paper. The scale reading must be visible.
    fixed
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Submit a pic of you on the scale (clothed) holding today's paper. The scale reading must be visible.
    Is this a joke? I can't make the event Sunday, but I wanted to weigh in for the competition as well.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey if the skinny kids above can't make It in for the weigh in I may win by default!

Yea default!

Is there a booby prize for gaining weight?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Is this a joke?
    I just made it up, so it is probably a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Is there a booby prize for gaining weight?
    No way! I didn't guess any weights at the carney! ! :no: :no:
    -Jim
    Ok -- who owns "Team Squid?" I want in!!
    SOLD! - 2004 Titanium Gray MX-5 MazdaSpeed (#744 of 4000). Bone stock!
    Next up: Mustang Guard EB, 6sp manual, 100a package, Performance package, Recaros and the back-up beep-beep!

Well me and my new co-driver are signed up!

But I note we don't show up on the registration list yet? Is that because I'm paying with a low-numbered, third party, out-of-state check??

I am looking for two people to arrive on Sunday at 7 AM in order to help clear the course of gravel using supplied back-pack blowers. This would be your work assignment for the event. If you are interested, then please contact me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com.
    The positions are filled.

Is this a joke? I can't make the event Sunday, but I wanted to weigh in for the competition as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Sorry boys. Ditch the Spare Tire contestants must weigh in on the official DTST scale. It's the same scale used when the contest started last season at Event #9. It wouldn't be fair to all of the other contestants if you use a different scale or email your weight.
    Jen Maxcy
    TX Region SCCA Asst. RE - Solo

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by racechick View Post
    Sorry boys. Ditch the Spare Tire contestants must weigh in on the official DTST scale. It's the same scale used when the contest started last season at Event #9. It wouldn't be fair to all of the other contestants if you use a different scale or email your weight.
    No worries, Jen. Can we stop by any time during the day to weigh in, even if we aren't attending the event?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

No worries, Jen. Can we stop by any time during the day to weigh in, even if we aren't attending the event?
    If you aren't driving in the event, you must visit the Golden Corral and eat for an hour immediately before weigh-in. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast