Thread: Where to take a Samsung printer for service?

Default Where to take a Samsung printer for service?

My folks have the same Samsung printer that I do. Mine's been flawless, but their unit has a problem with the scanner where it's shifting the image to the side. I'm convinced that a simple adjustment can be made to fix it, but they're not buying it. They've been on the phone to the Samsung tech hotline a few times and ended up buying parts that didn't fix the issue. Every time they come up with some new "fix" I tell them they should take it somewhere and have it looked at in person. Have they ever done this? Hell no. Not only that, but now my dad thinks they just need to go get a new printer.

So... that's a roundabout way of asking... where in the hell can they take this stupid thing for a tuneup?

PS - In case you can't tell, I'm tired of fielding "tech support" phone calls for them...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Probably cheaper to buy a new one than to fix an old one.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Probably cheaper to buy a new one than to fix an old one.
    +1

I agree with Sammmmmmm

But you may want to try this link - http://www.samsung.com/us/support/#

Sorry... I guess I should've mentioned that it's a $350 color laser all-in-one (print/fax/scan). Not what I'd consider a disposable printer like an HP inkjet.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

If you were a good son you would just switch with you parents and fix the broken one.

Who said I was a good son?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Who said I was a good son?
    I'm going to guess it was not your parents....

Sorry... I guess I should've mentioned that it's a $350 color laser all-in-one (print/fax/scan). Not what I'd consider a disposable printer like an HP inkjet.
    We picked up a new HP color inkjet wifi all-in-one printer over Christmas for $70, iirc. Even came with an app so I can print directly from my iphone. I can't see the point of a $350 printer unless you run a business.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Well, I guess I'll do the "good son" thing and swap printers with my folks so I can monkey with it myself...

As for the $350 printer part... yeah my mom runs her business out of the house, and she kept running through crappy HP and Epson printers. Plus, she had a worn out fax machine, a broke-ass copier, and limited desk space. For the money (especially the consumables), it's actually been a good deal for the last couple of years.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Well, I guess I'll do the "good son" thing and swap printers with my folks so I can monkey with it myself...
    Such a good son!

FWIW - We have bought two (one for the college kids) of the Lexmark Pinnacle Pro 901's. This all-in-one inkjet is pricey up front ($169 at Wally World), but the black ink cartridges are only $5.00 for 500 black-ink-only prints which is what we do 95% of the time. It scans and copies multiple pages and is wireless. My non-techy wife thinks it is the best thing ever.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Not interested in a new printer. Except for the scanner being off, it's a good unit - and it still prints perfectly. I'm going to swap printers and try to adjust the scanner this weekend.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days