Thread: Enthuza intake?

Default Enthuza intake?

I was looking at the various exhaust options on the Enthuza page and saw that they sell intakes too. I don't think I've ever seen them mentioned before. There is a basic kit that is just a box and a filter, and a kit that includes a new crossover tube. The basic kit at $110 is interesting:

http://shop.enthuzacar.com/product.s...&categoryId=13

Anyone have any experience with this? I'd rather just use a 90 degree elbow and connect that to a filter, but my oil filter has been relocated right there and there is no room for it...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Driver

I'll let u know when I get it I ordered it sat

Did you get it yet?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Gabkwong has recently completed many hours of research and testing regarding the NB CAI. He currently has the Monsterflow CAI with heatshield, but he has been working to eliminate as much heatsoak as possible by extending the walls of the heatshield and adding insulation. You might want to touch base with him before buying.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Thanks for the heads up. Gabkwong, care to share your findings in this thread?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Well, while I wait for more information to come in... I had a cone filter sitting in the garage and decided to throw it on the car. I just wanted to add a little growel to the driving experience. I messed with this briefly before, but the problem I ran into was that I need to support the intake tube and filter somehow... This go-round I thought, well duh, just take the top of the airbox off and leave the bottom attached to the car. The cone filter now sits nicely in the stock airbox. Presto-change-o, I've got that extra intake growel that I was after. It seems pretty secure sitting in the box. I don't think it could go anywhere. I like the change in noise. Doubt that there is any performance increase, but it has to be breathing easier now. I hope that it isn't raising the intake temperature too much...

My other thought was to keep the stock airbox and filter, but drill out a couple of more holes on the sides of the airbox to reduce the restriction of that tube. If I drill them on the same side as that snorkel it should be pulling in the same air the snorkel would have gotten and it's from the non-header side...

I'm going to keep my cone setup for a week or so and see how it goes. If I don't like it I'll either give the enthuza a try or drill out my air box...intake1.JPG
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    Gabkwong has recently completed many hours of research and testing regarding the NB CAI. He currently has the Monsterflow CAI with heatshield, but he has been working to eliminate as much heatsoak as possible by extending the walls of the heatshield and adding insulation. You might want to touch base with him before buying.
    By heat shield, do you mean air box? Try eliminating the air box all together. We have found no air box and a "header" heat shield is more efficient as the air doesn't stagnate in an enclosed space where lots of radiant heat can accumulate. Get that air flowing!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I agree that no air box is best when the car is actually moving. Gabkwong does a lot of city driving and is attempting to keep his CAI from drawing hot air from under the hood while in stop and go traffic. The additional fences and insulation he has added forces the CAI to draw air from the front of the car. I believe he has recorded aprox. 20 degree temperature difference with the extended walls and insulation.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Who cares about performance in stop and go traffic? (except for Gabe obviously...)

Seriously though. He would be better off ditching the box and maybe getting cold air through a duct through a fog light hole.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

10 dolla, can make a race ready one for you that fits way better and gives more power and throttle response then any intake you find for sale. 90* is NB only, also can make a version that sits infront of the radiator but turn around time is a few weeks as it has to be made and price is not set yet for it.

I can't put a filter there because my oil filter has been relocated there, otherwise I would do that...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

wtf, relocate your oil relocation. that's a horrible place for a relocation, you must get oil all over the place when you pull your filter off. you can move it to next to the coal can and still run a 90*

The PO put it there. I don't have a problem with spilling oil... where should it go?
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green

Quote Originally Posted by MoonieGT View Post
    The PO put it there. I don't have a problem with spilling oil... where should it go?
    if it will fit