Thread: Custom jewelry shop recommendations

Default Custom jewelry shop recommendations

My wife's ring has a few loose stones so we need to get some work done on it. I'm paranoid about jewelery shops and don't trust them(the shop I bought the ring from swapped the center stone on me when I picked it up, I called them on it and raised hell). Needless to say that place is no longer in business so i've got no warranty on the ring.

I don't want to take it to the big stores, I would rather have a mom and pop place do the work and not charge an arm and a leg for it, or turn me away because I didn't buy it from them...

Anyone have a recommendation? I'm a cheap bastard so I would like an inexpensive place, but obviously I would like good work so i'm willing to fork over good cash, just not too much of it
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

My family has been using Plaza Fine Jewelry (http://www.plazafinejewelry.com/) in the Plaza of the Americas in downtown Dallas for 30 years. When I went to buy my wife's engagement/wedding ring last year, I gave him my price range and he actually stayed within it rather than trying to tempt me with something a little more. Abe is the owner and his wife is usually runnng the front. Just tell them that Jerrett Jan sent you.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

There's a small place in Saginaw called 'Collections'. My wife and one of her best friends have been buying jewelry from them for years.

McCrae's in Denton on 35 and Ft.Worth drive. He does custom stuff and has been reasonable prices. He and his wife are good honest folk.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles