Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found a new site

Default Found a new site

Would you travel 4 hours to the perfect site? I may have found one with excellent concrete that is about 4 times as big as Pennington. I need 36 entrants to make it happen. Who is in?
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Driver

I'll play...

Where?
    M3 is always the answer.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

+1 on where? Your 4 hours could be only 2 hours for me, or 6!
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

4 hours is a bit much for a regular-ol' autocross to me. If it was a special event of some sort I'd be interested.

Where!?
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

Sign me up.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by cleave View Post
    4 hours is a bit much for a regular-ol' autocross to me. If it was a special event of some sort I'd be interested.

Where!?
    I agree but if the event were special then I would probably be in.

You live in Krum so isn't everything 4 hours away for you?

So, if its 4 times the size of PMS, we should be able to setup a 120-second course, right?? Or 2 60-sec mirror courses for a homemade pro-solo??
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Timing is everything. When has as much to do with my participation as where.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

It would not be an Equipe Rapide Challenge cup. It would just be for fun and trophies. $35 for six runs, no rapide pax. You have to pay in escrow and will receive a refund minus paypal fees if we don't get enough people signed up. We don't have a date yet but it will probably be on a Saturday. I can't disclose the site yet because we haven't secured it yet.

Mapquest is showing that it is actually 2-1/2 hours from Pennington, not 4 hours.
    Andy Cost

2.5 hours N, S, E, W?
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    We don't have a date yet but it will probably be on a Saturday.
    Being on a Saturday makes it more likely I could make it.
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

I like Saturdays and 2.5 hours sounds like The Mineralring.
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Question

This sounds like a scam - Put money in escrow but don't tell us where the site is??
    During the work week are you the executor for a Nigerian prince?? I think I have seen your e-mails before!

Dear friend ,

I am the manager of an autocross club at the foreign remittance department Bank of African (BOA). I got your address in Burkina faso chamber of commerce through yahoo details. In my departmentn we discovered an abandoned sum of $ 30 ,000,000 US dollars (Thirty Millon US dollars) .In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his entire family in a concord plane crash in the year 2003 in paris that almost took the whole life of the pasengeres on board.Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim. It is therefore upon this discovery that I and other officials in my department now decided to make this businness proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we don;t want this money to go into the Bank treasury as unclaimed Bill.The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained unclamed after three years, the money will be transfered into the Bank treasury account as unclaimed fund.The request of foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner. We agree that 45% of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, 5% will be set aside for expenses incured during the business and 50% would be for ;me to the percentages indicated.Therefore to enable the immediate trnansfer of this fund to you as arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relations or next of kin of the deceased indicating your bank name, your bank account number, your private telephone and fax number for easy and effective communication and location where in the money will be remitted .Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter. Trusting to hear from you immediately.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Andy Cost

Thumbs up Yea Jimmy!

^

You caught me. The refund from escrow will be minus paypal fees and a small adminitrative fee. The administrative fee is to be determined based on how many people pre-payed and how much a set of Hoosiers cost.
    Andy Cost

Well played Mr. Cost!

4 hours from Penn, so that could be 3 to 5 hours from my house. I would do a 3 hour drive, but any longer and I probably would not go if its in the middle of the season and I have events almost every weekend much closer. I would go if it's in the middle of winter on a NICE weekend and I have not done a event in a month.

Rereading your post at 2-1/2 hours from Penn I would probably go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast