Thread: FS - STS Miata

Default FS - STS Miata

There is a good chance I may be out of work in the near future, so I have decided to sell my STS prepared Miata. This car was originally built by Jason McDaniel from the Houston area. Here is the list of items done to the car he provided me:

I started with an 88k mile non-AC 1991 A-Package Miata with a hardtop and VLSD. Good original crystal white paint and decent interior. I found it in Seattle and drove it home.

Replace all broken interior parts and convert to no-radio. New center console radio surround, speaker blockoff plates, radio blockoff plate, radio cubby, antenna plug and a number of interior fasteners. Replaced the front windshield and the chipped side mirrors. Installed R front lip. Installed NOS set of new locks and keys for doors, trunk, ignition, glovebox, and center console.

Rebuilt shifter with all new bushings and seals. Replace rubber shift boot. Fill shifter and trans with Redline MTL.

Replaced old viscous LSD with better condition VLSD from Spec Miata donor. Diff filled with Redline 80-90 oil.

Convert to Base Package by installing new manual steering rack and very good vinyl steering wheel from Eddie at Adrenalin. Removed all power steering components.

The exhaust was replaced with Racing Beat 4-1 stainless header with custom lightweight straight-through exhaust Flyin’Miata high flow cat and Borla muffler.

Intake, I tried a number of different intakes and center sections and ended up selecting the SP-Induction ceramic straight intake, but made custom lightweight mounts for it that allow access to the shock adjustment. I tried the automatic, the manual, and an after-market (ARC) center section and kept the stock manual part.

I rebuilt the front and rear hubs, replaced the tie rod ends and lower ball joints.
    I replaced all the bushings with poly bushings, then pulled those out and replaced them with hand fitted delrin bushings.

The diff mounts are MMW Delrin mounts and stopped a lot of the off-the-line hopping. The engine mounts are Mazda Motorspeed hard rubber mounts. I retained the engine mount cups.

The front anti-roll bar is a Racing Beat hollow bar with Anthony Woods Racing adjustable endlinks. The poly mounts have been clearanced for easy movement and no binding. The 12mm rear bar and mounts are stock but with AWR endlinks. On low grip conditions I run with the rear bar disconnected.

The original engine was down on power (dyno at 85hp) and after discussing the matter with John Phillips Race Prep, I bought a new Mazda crate engine and had John prepare the head to the limits of the STS2 rules. It was run in using dino oil and has been on Amsoil since. I’ve also replaced the fuel filter, and the PCV valve. I’ve been running iridium sparkplugs and MSD plug wires for longevity. The plugs are indexed. The AFM was recalibrated by ART in Austin.

The driver and passenger seats are stock, but have had foam removed from the bottom and center back sections. The driver’s seat has a 3” lap belt in addition to the stock belt.

The alignment bolts are the new style bolts.
    The calipers were replaced with new calipers. The brake lines are Russell stainless lines. I used new shims and springs with the pads.

The car comes with stock daisy wheels with driver tires, Enkei RP-F1 15x7 with metal centering rings.
    Lugnuts are 17mm open steel nuts from the Vorshlag BMW guys and some stock Mazdas.

I replaced the original soft-top with an AA-Best OEM style vinyl top with zip out window and new tension cords. The rain rail is in great shape. The stock top boot is included.

With two gallons of gas, no rear rollbar, and tiny battery the car weighed in at 1978 lbs.
    A small dent behind the driver's door has been repaired.

The car currently has about 112k miles on it. About 9500 miles on the new engine.

Since I obtained the car, I have done the following.

Installed Koni race valved/shortened single adj shocks with Hyperco 2.25 dia 6" springs rated at 750 front and 450 rear with NB top hats.

Replaced the rear calipers, After trying several different compounds installed Hawk Ceramic front pads with HP+ rear pads.

Installed Unorthodox crank pulley with accessory pulley shaved off.

Replaced CAS o-ring

Just finished replacing the clutch (has ~500 miles on it) I replaced the front and rear seals on the trans and put Red Line MTL in trans and shifter. Put Red Line heavy Shockproof in diff. Installing new iridium plugs. Put new Yuasa YTZ7S light weight battery in.

Additional items:

1 new set of Bridgstone RE-01 shaved to 4/32" depth.
    2 used Bridgestone RE-01 with about 2/32 "depth.
    As mentioned in above section there are a set of Enkei RP-F1 15 x 7 wheels (that currently have dead tires on them) and a set of stock Daisy wheels with driver tires on them.

1 new Kirkey 15" Pro Street Drag seat (not been drilled yet) with new black cloth cover. I also have an extra stock seat slider to fab up a mount for the seat.

Mazda Repair manual and Mazda Miata Enthusiasts Manual.

Extra ECU with crystal replaced to raise rev limit ~10%.

Various stock parts.

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff. I will add to the list later if there is anything else I can think of.

Car is located in Austin.

Asking $6000 OBO. You can contact me at ejcarman (at) gmail (dot) com

Eric
    Eric

Eric, did you ever dyno the motor. I only had about 1000-2000 miles on it when I sold it to you and had just put a NEW head on it. It pulled really well for a stock engine. Also, is the paint still in primo shape? You might want to mention that.

This was one I shouldn't have sold, but I'm neck deep in three other projects, or I'd be buying it back.

[IMG][/IMG]

Jason,

No, I never was able to get it on the dyno, but both Andy Holis and Neal Bellamy have driven it and both agreed it's strong.

It has been garage kept, so the paint is in the same condition as when I purchased it from you. Not perfect, but looks very good. I just detailed it today, I need to take a few pictures of it.

Eric
    Eric

Sorry for the delay getting current pictures up. Here are pictures I took today of the car and items available with the sale.

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...20STS%20Miata/

Eric
    Eric

Sold!
    Eric

Chris Carper?