Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sway bar benefits.....?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Attn: Cheap Bastards! (You know who you are ) Looks like this is the best deal on a front bar, do you agree?

BTW. Why is this : Isn't the OEM Bar the same on a 90-97? "The bars have two holes for adjusting. The 1990-93 bars are 7/8" and 1994-04 bars are 1"." Why the diference on the '90-'93 vs. the '94+???
    Well to answer my own question, 'The shape of the 94-97 1.8 front swaybars are identical to the front 1.6 bars with the exception of the length of the bar after the bend for the endlinks, the 94-97 is about 3/4" longer (the rears are the same). -> |______|

Well Sammm & I both added the 7/8" bar from Flyin Miata yesterday. The car felt different on the way home last night but it was raining too hard to test the car....and it's still drizzling this morning so I haven't been able to give the car a good drive to see what the results are on the upgrade.

Sammm did you notice any difference in your car????

Need it to stop raining!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Sammm did you notice any difference in your car????
    Here's more thoughts on the bigger front sway bar...during 'non-spirited' driving, the front end feels much more solid and 'quiet'. During 'spirited' driving, the car seems to react quicker to steering input, and it takes less input than it used to. It also skitters a bit on rough roads (my shocks are set at 4 all around BTW).
    Overall, it has made the car ride a bit harsher/firmer/etc, but no so much as to be annoying. Sunday at Pennington will be a better test to see what it will, or will not, do for me.

Well I took mine for a little spin yesterday; the front end is much stiffer. I'm not so sure I like the transformation for everyday use. May try the soft setting if it's not already on the soft setting.

I tested in the parking lot of a local high school; the car would stay tight in my skid pad maneuver. I actually made myself dizzy trying to get it to break out, about all it would do is push out and chatter the front wheels, which are still square, so with the R-Compounds on the car I hope it sticks like glue. The officer on scene also said the car was nice and flat......

Well I took mine for a little spin yesterday; the front end is much stiffer. I'm not so sure I like the transformation for everyday use. May try the soft setting if it's not already on the soft setting.
    OK I've run the POS for the past couple of days, and I am pleased with the results! Can't wait until Test & Tune to see what happens when you add cones!

I'm going to defect to the S2000 run tomorrow since it starts almost a mile from my house... I need to get out, and I'm not sure I can handle any Garcia tomorrow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123