Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Equipe Rapide Event #3 @ Mineral Wells, 5/29/11

I hit one of those 7 cones while I was waving to the corner workers.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

I think it was a great challenge, Robert. "Diabolical" is definitely a compliment in course design! The fact that the novices were able to stay on-course and the veterans still found it challenging to get "right" says a lot about what a good job you did. I went from a 53.xxx on my first run to a 49.xxx on my last, so it certainly wasn't too simple. :)

I think you're developing into a designer who can make a course that walks "tough", but drives much better. I like that, since it means there is definitley a good line, its just not as obvious as some other course designers. I'd be much more critical if your courses walked "easy" but drove poorly, or were just plain crappy. You haven't laid out a "bad" course yet, IMHO.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I think it was a great challenge, Robert. "Diabolical" is definitely a compliment in course design! The fact that the novices were able to stay on-course and the veterans still found it challenging to get "right" says a lot about what a good job you did. I went from a 53.xxx on my first run to a 49.xxx on my last, so it certainly wasn't too simple. :)

I think you're developing into a designer who can make a course that walks "tough", but drives much better. I like that, since it means there is definitley a good line, its just not as obvious as some other course designers. I'd be much more critical if your courses walked "easy" but drove poorly, or were just plain crappy. You haven't laid out a "bad" course yet, IMHO.
    Agreed, the course you did at MW a few events ago walked not so well, seemed pinched off, too tight, weird lines. It drove fantastic. Flowed well, was fast and fun. As long as it's a challenge and doesn't have any gimmicks in it I'm sure it will be enjoyed by all.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

For our next course we will have a "gotcha" cone, a 1st gear corner after a fast section, and a place where you have to parallel park. If you hit a cone parallel parking then you get a 10 second penalty and lose your drivers license for 8 months.
    Andy Cost

I think we should have trivia stops where you have to submit the correct answer to a trivia question before continuing.

Plinko would be nice, too.

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    "Robert Jones is diabolical when he designs for MW."

I'll take that as a complement.

Because of the low turn out I tried to design a course that would be easy to work and still a challenge to drive. Looking at the results we only had 7 cones hit, so I think the easy to work part was successful. I always like feedback both good and bad. If it's bad tell what you would have done different to make it better. I still have a lot to learn about course design. They never driver the way I think they will. I enjoyed the course but It's more important that I make most of the other drivers happy.
    Robert,

I thought the course was horrible walking it, and just fine when I drove it. I'm still very new at this stuff and my first impression was that you used far too few cones. I DNF'ed my first run. After that I decided I would have to look ahead, or stay lost all day. When I looked far enough out there, the course was easy to navigate. I'll worry about driving it well next year. I thought it was perfect. Thanks,

Jim

Here is proof that jrj actually did win one trophy this year. When nobody good showed up...

http://reserveaid.org/?page_id=35
    Andy Cost

Driver

Lol

I was wondering what became of that pic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234