Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Texas Region SCCA Solo Divisional May 14 - 15

A note from the Chief of Workers -

The first event of the 2011 SOWDIV Divisional Solo Championship series is less than a week away and we’re gearing up for a great event. In order to help make this event run smoothly and enjoyed by all, we ask that if you have any serious medical issues that need to be taken into consideration you let use know via email prior to the event.

We strive to be able to give competitors the work assignment they request but in some cases that may not be possible. Knowing extenuating circumstances prior to the event would be a great help.

If this applies to you, please email Bob Bailey at [email protected].

Thank you and see you at TMS!

Bob Bailey
    Chief of Workers - Texas Region SCCA Solo
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    I'm in for some FP redemption!
    Lol... that should make for a fun class to watch.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I did not see this on the schedule, but is there a test and tune set up for Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    I did not see this on the schedule, but is there a test and tune set up for Friday?
    Dang I was just going to post the very same question! Spooky!

I do not think so. We cannot start doing set-up untill 3:00 p.m. Friday.

Definitely no T&T on Friday.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Another $1,860 site rental just wasn't possible in the budget for a Friday test-n-tune.
    Sorry guys!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

A few updates & info concerning the Texas Region 2011 Divisional –
    Online registration will close Thursday.

For those of you unfamiliar with Texas Motor Speedway, the event area is on the South side of TMS next to Hwy 114. Event info PDF with TMS map - https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/TRSCCA/TR_2011%20Divisional%20Information.pdf
    You will be able to register at the event site Friday from 5pm to 9pm. (Late Fees will apply!) No new registrations will be allowed after 9pm Friday, May 13th! **Credit cards cannot be accepted on site!

Even if you are already registered, you still need to check-in at Registration & receive your Run/Work heat information & Saturday Food Ticket. Regular Registration Check-in will be on Friday on site from 5pm to 9pm at the Texas Region Solo trailer in the Paddock area (Southwest corner).
    If you cannot get there on Friday to check-in, Late Check-in will be Saturday morning at the Texas Region Solo trailer on the course area (TMS Bus Lot) from 7am to 8am. (Only for pre-registered entrants!) This is only for those folks that couldn’t make it for check-in on Friday!

Tech Inspection will be on the west side of the Paddock lot from 5pm to 9pm on Friday May 13th. Late Tech Inspection will be from 7am to 8am Saturday morning, same location. Event Decals will be located at Tech.

The road in between the Paddock lot & the Course lot will be closed to public traffic from 8am to end of Impound ( heat 3) on Saturday. 6:45am to end of Impound (heat 3), Sunday. There will be 2 Grid areas, A & B. (Grid “A” will be to the West. Grid “B” will be to the East.) Grid assignment sheets will be posted on the results boards by 8:30am Saturday morning (on the concrete walk way next to the road). Your grid spot will remain the same for both days. Heat 1 cars should be in grid BEFORE the 9am drivers meeting at the main tent (on the walkway)! Heat 1: Grid “A”. Heat 2: Grid “B”. Heat 3 Grid: “A”.

Heat 2 cars – Please place your car in grid before your work assignment! Same with Heat 3 cars!
    Your Impound location will be the same as your grid location after your last run. Do not leave Impound before being released by the Impound workers.

The Friday welcome party is sponsored by Vorshlag Motorsports! Hamburgers & Hotdogs, chips, soft drinks, water & beer. Food & beverages will be located under the Red Discount Tire tent next to the Registration Check-in area in Paddock. Thanks Vorshlag!!!
    Saturday’s Party will be on site under the tents starting at 5pm. (Start time may be slightly earlier depending on event schedule but will be announced on the P.A. if so) Food will be served from the red tent. You will receive a Meal Ticket at Registration Check-in. Additional Meal Tickets for family or friends are available for $10 each at Registration. If you need additional meal tickets, please send me a note so we know how much extra food to purchase BEFORE Friday, May 13th. Email – [email protected]

There will be a mandatory Drivers Meeting at 9am Saturday, May 14th under the Large Main tent.

Anyone on site must sign the insurance waiver & have a wristband on while at the event! This includes drivers, spectators & minors!

Event Supplemental Rules are located online. They will also be on the back of your Registration Check-in sheet & posted at the Results boards. http://www.texasscca.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=-VS2cwNWWAA%3d&tabid=82

Thanks for your time.
    We’ll see you at the event!!

Texas Region SCCA Solo
    www.texassolo.org
    Last edited by autoxmax; 05-11-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Good luck out there guys!
    2008 Evolution GSR

Excited to get back behind the wheel tomorrow. 3 weeks without autox is much too long; caught myself slaloming in construction zones earlier this week...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It was an awesome event...huge kudos to the Maxcy's (autoxmax and racechick) for all their hard work putting it together. Thanks again to Jimmy (jrj512 ) for the co-drive in his STS car, I had a blast!

I even got to meet a few new (to me) MME members...modernbeat and ckearns.

It was a good event. Brad and Jennifer did a great job!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I would like to add my thanks to Brad and Jennifer for the great job they did. And, all the rest of the Texas Region crew that helped make this weekend possible.

I enjoyed the course. It's not often that I get to hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear at the bus lot, let along three times per run. I was going almost as fast as the traffic on 114. Thank, Jimmy!

I had a great time.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Hey there Coneheads!

1st off, I wanted to thank all of you for attending the Texas Region 2011 Divisional! Top notch Courses. Great food. And some amazingly close competition in all the classes.

Course designer, Jerrett Jan once again wielded some fantastic, cone-carving courses!! (A direct quote from Divisional Steward - Turbo Toddie: “Who would think the TMS Bus Lot could have courses like that?”)
    A BIG thanks to my Texas Region Div Crew & all the Chiefs. These folks worked their butts off & did double duty in several positions. Thanks guys!!

We’ll see all of you in San Antonio for Round 2 of the 2011 SOWDIV Championship Divisional Solo Series!

2011 TX Region Div Series Results:
    Full Results - http://autocross.com/tr/2011_swdiv_1_final.htm
    PAX Results - http://autocross.com/tr/2011_swdiv_1_pax.htm

Thanks again,

Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Asst RE – Solo
    www.texassolo.org
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

A big thank you to Brad and Jennifer and Matt and the rest of the Texas Region crew who helped pull this event off. It was really well run, and I know they put a lot of effert into making it look easy.

Kudos to Jerrett for a great pair of courses. Not overwhelmingly technical (Yay! No walloms!), but they really rewarded looking ahead, line selection, late braking and having the cojones to really attack the course aggressively.

I've been racing at the Bus Lot since we first started using that lot ~10 years ago, and those were two of the best courses I've run out there. Well done, Jerrett.

Congrats as well to Jerrett and Sam for finishing 1-3 in STS, and kudos to my car owner Mike for taking the win in STR. great driving guys!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Congrats as well to Jerrett and Sam for finishing 1-3 in STS
    Sam going from 7th after day one to 3rd on day two was great! I was floored when I saw the time of his final run on Sunday.

The weekend was a blast! Really appreciate all the efforts that the fine folk with the SCCA put into making this a great event!

My daughter had a blast and seems to be figuring out how this Autocross stuff works.

Competition across a bunch of classes was fierce and fun!

Heck of a run in ES by local hero lostlorin! I did everything I could but after 2 days and 8 runs he was still .029 ahead of me! Plus we both had to contend with the "Price of Pearsall" cone-cerned who kept closing the gap all weekend!

Congrats to all the trophy winners!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Kudos to Jerrett for a great pair!
    Man love can be so ugly...

Great job JJ, both designing and driving. Texas Region SCCA has really stepped-up and put on some fantastic events. This event was really a pleasure from start-to-finish. It was fun to drive, fun to watch, and the time flew by. Autocross the way it was meant to be!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Great event guys!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Great event, beautiful weather, and terrific course, amazing considering it was at the bus lot! Going to catch that smokey and the bandit machine one of these days....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast